Full-Time Storytelling Copywriter ($90k to $130k)
Storytelling Copywriter (Short Form) – Remote
*This is a fully remote position, preferably candidates will be based in the Bay area.*
Neo4j is the leader in Graph Database & Analytics, helping organizations uncover hidden relationships and patterns across billions of data connections deeply, easily and quickly. Customers use Neo4j to gain a deeper understanding and reveal new ways of solving their most pressing problems. Over 75% of Fortune 100 companies use Neo4j, along with a vibrant community of 250,000+ developers, data scientists, and architects across the globe.
At Neo4j, we’re proud to be building the technology that powers breakthrough solutions for our customers, helping them cure diseases, fight fraud, crush pandemics, and accomplish their most ambitious missions—even if it’s getting humans to Mars.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Gartner recently predicted that more than 80% of data innovations by 2025 will be powered by graph databases. Cloud computing powerhouses like Microsoft and Amazon have taken notice and begun investing in this technology in recent years. And no wonder, the market opportunity is staggering! The database market as a whole is $50B today and expected to reach $100B over the next 5 years and graph databases are situated to capture an enormous amount of that market. Graph databases are already the second most popular DB model in the world (behind traditional relational databases) and are rapidly growing in popularity.
Neo4j is, without question, the most popular graph database in the world….
Neo4j is one of the fastest scaling technology companies in this industry. Well over $100M ARR and still rapidly growing.
Raised biggest round of funding in all of database history ($325M Series F).
Backed by world class investors like Google Ventures (GV), Neo4j has raised over $582M in funding and is currently valued at $2Bn. This puts them among the most well-funded database companies in history.
75% of Fortune 100 use Neo4j today with more than 800 enterprise customers including Comcast, eBay, Adobe, Lyft, UBS, IBM, HP, and many more.
Emil Eifrem (CEO) has built an amazing culture
Countless awards in the industry. Massive Enterprises and individual developers/ data scientists love Neo4j. Strong sense of community and ecosystem is built around the platform.
A recent Forrester Total Economic Impact Study pegged Neo4j as delivering 417% ROI to customers.
We’re looking for a Storytelling Copywriter to bring the Neo4j story to life across our most important brand touchpoints, including our website, advertising, and major campaigns.
Reporting to the Director of Storytelling & Content, you will craft copy that captures the essence of Neo4j, embodying our brand attributes of confidence, approachability, and intention.
You’ll work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Web, and Creative teams, you’ll craft compelling short-form copy tailored for developers and technical audiences across our website, landing pages, paid ads, campaigns, and events. With strong writing chops and creative storytelling ability, you’ll translate complex topics into convincing short-form narratives that compel readers.
You’re a strategic-doer and storyteller who can connect on a personal level with developers while also crafting tactical, conversion-focused content that clearly conveys the ROI and value of Neo4j. You’re equally comfortable crafting a big beautiful brand story as you are writing captivating email copy.
You’re self-driven, know when to work autonomously and when to bring people in, and you’re able to move forward and make decisions in your work without all of the information. This is not your first rodeo – you’re capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workflows, and effectively meeting deadlines in a dynamic start-up environment.
Serving as an internal champion of the Neo4j story and brand, you’ll provide ongoing guidance to uphold our core messaging tenets across the organization.
- Write persuasive short-form copy that clearly conveys Neo4j’s product differentiation and customer value
- Activate Neo4j’s corporate positioning in copy across content types and campaigns
- Maintain brand voice consistency by upholding messaging pillars and style guidelines
- Maintain, elevate, and evolve our tone of voice in partnership with other stakeholders within Corporate Marketing. Ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing initiatives
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Neo4j’s technology and use cases to enable benefit-focused copy
- Employ an audience-first approach to craft copy tailored to reach and resonate with Developers and data leaders
- Distill complex topics into easily digestible copy using compelling storytelling techniques
- Work independently, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively with cross-functional partners in fast-paced situations and while managing multiple projects
- Influence colleagues through diplomatic copy coaching and collaboration
- 7+ years of experience in-house or at creative agencies
- Proven experience crafting copy to articulate complex messages clearly
- Strong portfolio demonstrating technical aptitude and creative storytelling skills
- Excellent writing/editing abilities and strict attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly comprehend technical topics
- Experience working on event/experiential creative would be a bonus
- Grace under pressure and the ability to balance multiple deliverables
- Preference for candidates based in the Bay area
- Savvy influencer able to rally and guide teams positively
The annual base salary range for this position based in the United States is listed below. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on Neo4j’s compensation practices, job related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and trainings, in addition to geographic location. Based on the factors above, Neo4j utilizes the full width of the range.
In addition to the range below, US employees are eligible for a stock option grant and certain roles are eligible for an annual bonus. Employees in this position are also eligible to participate in the Company’s standard benefit programs, which currently include the following: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k), paid time off, and certain leaves of absence.
Annual Base Salary Range for This Role