Contract Staff Writer
The role is a full-time, remote-working position where you will work alongside the Guides Editor and Evergreen Editor to produce timely guides on new releases and live events. You will be expected to create content yourself, suggest ideas for coverage, and help maintain the site’s existing guides and evergreen content.
This role requires UK working hours.
You will receive complete on-the-job training from our editorial staff and will quickly develop a comprehensive knowledge of editorial best practices and SEO.
- Writing query, guide, and hub articles, focusing on new releases and live service games.
- Performing other writing tasks as required, including creating news, features, and reviews.
- Producing error-free copy to a deadline, strictly following our SEO and style guidelines.
- Performing regular maintenance on our existing hubs, queries, and evergreen content.
- Sub-editing the work of others when required.
- Working with senior editorial staff to deliver on content strategy, perform competitor analysis, and identify traffic opportunities.
- Utilising our workflow tools effectively on a daily basis, including ClickUp.
- Performing other tasks across the brand’s digital and social platforms.
- Other tasks as decided by senior editorial staff.
As Our Staff Writer You Have
- A clean, personable writing style.
- Excellent attention to detail, both when writing and performing other tasks.
- A strong work ethic.
- The ability to collaborate with others as part of a larger team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media trends and the latest modern video games.
- The ability to find strong, social-focused angles for your news coverage.
What You Will Receive
A yearly salary of £22,000 (Freelance contract).
54 total views, 1 today