Spanish Language Instructor
Senior Spanish Language Instructor
Remote Job |
- Industry Education
- Remote Job
This is a remote position.
At Mindojo, we’re developing language learning games for kids. Our English as a second language (ESL) app just came out of beta and already has over +1M downloads (see Aylee Learns English on Google Play / App Store). While we expand our existing offerings, we are beginning to develop versions of the app for other languages, including Spanish.
In the role of Senior Spanish Language Instructor, you will work with a team developing sophisticated language learning games. You’ll be responsible for various types of research, defining guidelines and instructions for content creators, translation and adaptation of content to Spanish as a Second Language, and ensuring it meets all quality standards. You’ll closely interact with product managers and UI/UX designers on brainstorming ideas and concepts for new games, especially those which focus on teaching unique aspects of the Spanish language. Lastly, you’ll gather and respond to customer feedback, run usability experiments and define action plans for improving the product.
We offer a full-time or part-time contract role. You can work from wherever you wish and the work schedule is very flexible.
We believe in minimum bureaucracy and maximum creative freedom. Our team members enjoy lots of autonomy and are measured mostly by their actual deliverables. We work hard (who’s not familiar with healthy deadlines?) but are happy knowing that our efforts will help improve the lives of many and help the global economy at large. We love people who can approach problems from different angles and who are comfortable asking tough questions and proposing innovative solutions. We’re continuously looking for ways to improve our processes, and everyone’s suggestions are heard and considered on their merit, not based on seniority.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Spanish, Education, Linguistics or related field
- Experience teaching beginning, intermediate, and advanced Spanish as a second language
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and intuition
- Ability to think outside the box and adapt to novel problem-solving approaches
- Solid business acumen and ability to work effectively with different stakeholders (e.g. product, design, and marketing teams)
- Excellent organizational skills and a proactive attitude are essential
- General tech savviness
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- A great sense of humor
Bonus points for:
- Masters degree or higher in Linguistics, or related field from a global leading institution
- Publications in language development or second language acquisition fields
- ELE certification
- Familiarity with current research in the discipline
What you will be doing:
- Translating and adapting guidelines and content from English to Spanish
- Authoring original content for various minigames of our immersive games for kids
- Collecting and processing user feedback and preparing recommendations
- Collaborating with product managers, educational content developers, game designers, and developers to bring product ideas to life
- Providing hands-on support with any tasks that would benefit from a pedagogical perspective for dozens of mini games
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly small team
- Challenging and interesting projects
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from anywhere
- Stock option plan
- Company sponsored events and educational programs
- Last, but not least: a real chance to play a key part in revolutionizing education worldwide