Software Engineering Manager
Title: Software Engineering Manager – Platform Provider
Location: Remote, US
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need answers.
About this role:
iRhythm is currently seeking an experienced, motivated Manager, Software Engineering focused on our platform. The role can be remote or at our San Francisco office. Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
- Drive the design and implementation of platform initiatives focusing on scalability, security, efficiency, and expansion of the Zio Service.
- Along with technical peers, coordinate regular cross-functional architecture reviews.
- Participate in implementing and refining software development processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Work with product, project, quality, and technical team members to define project content, timeline, resources, and risks associated with Systems Development projects.
- Design and develop software for the Zio Service.
- Partner with Release Engineering and DevOps teams to improve infrastructure deployment and availability
- Participate and review technical documentation and requirements
- Grow the platform engineering team.
- Invest time in the growth of platform engineering team members.
- Have shared ownership of production health/performance monitoring.
You are an experience release engineering manager looking to make your mark and establish a new release engineering team within iRhythm. You are a hands-on manager keen to help grow and coach individuals to build an operationally high performing team and ensure it performs. You are detailed oriented and a great collaborator. You have an interest in how release engineering best practices can be applied to a regulated medical device platform to maintain high quality outcomes.
- 3+ years of software management experience in cloud computing.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with AWS, MySQL, Spring/Hibernate, and Tomcat.
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with web technologies. Full stack experience is desirable.
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; adept in finding creative solutions.
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative; results oriented; strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working on projects utilizing SCRUM.
- Passion for materializing ideas that impact the lives of patients.
- BA/BS in science or technical field
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid holidays, and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural Committee/Charity events, and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.