Full-Time Software Engineer II ($130k to $150k)
Title: Software Engineer II
Location: United States- Remote
LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is a global leader in trustworthy and equal AI for business. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media use our Conversational Cloud platform to engage with millions of consumers safely and responsibly. We power a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Generative AI and Large Language Models for better business outcomes.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Every mind is invited to ask questions and actively seek new ways to achieve success and reach their full potential. We operate as one with a growth mindset. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities and seeking effective solutions to challenges that make things better.
Welcome to the Web Experiences team at LivePerson!We are looking for a software engineer II to join our team. You will work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects spanning different company areas, aiming to enhance and simplify how brands engage with their customers through messaging. In this role, collaboration is key as you work across various internal teams, external partners, and large customers to deliver top-notch products for our brands and their customers. This team oversees, among other products, the messaging window, which serves as the face of LivePerson and represents the largest communication channel across the globe.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team (PM, UX, engineering, science) team to transform user stories into prototypes & production code
- Thoughtfully apply UI design principles & best practices for RWD
- Building & deploying user-facing features for multiple browsers
- Identifying & eliminating perf. & scale issues that ripple from front-end to back-end
- Be globally minded & inclusive – we are a global team and value the diverse contributions of others.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in creating Web Intensive applications
- Deep knowledge and understanding of client-side architecture and experience in building large scale and high performance web applications
- Proficient in understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience using build tools such as Webpack, Gulp or Grunt.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of scalability design principles
- Understanding principles of design and knowledge of user experience and accessibility
- Self-starter with strong motivation and execution capabilities
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks such as Jasmine and Karma is a plus
The salary range for this role will be between $130,000 to $150,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. Regardless of your personal situation or where you are in the world, LivePerson offers comprehensive and great benefits programs to meet your needs:
- Health: medical, dental, vision and wellbeing.
- Time away: Public holidays and discretionary PTO package for flexible days off with manager approval.
- Financial: 401K, ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services.
- Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning.
- Additional: 24/7 access to professional counselors, voluntary insurance coverage, exclusive perks and discounts
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson is a hub for the ever-curious and proactive, offering a flexible work-life balance tailored to individual needs. With offices and WeWork locations worldwide, our flexible work policy provides our teams the freedom to work from their preferred environment. We’re very proud to have earned recognition from Fast Company, Newsweek, and BuiltIn for being a top innovative, beloved, and remote-friendly workplace.
Belonging at LivePerson
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.