Full-Time Software Engineer
Title: Software Engineer, Backend (Intermediate/Senior)
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
Our real-time advertising bidding system handles over 3,000,000 requests per second and stores several terabytes of data every day. Our technologies include Go, Ruby on Rails, Aerospike, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, RocksDB, Redshift, ScyllaDB, GraphQL and others. We’re not afraid to test and try new technologies.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building highly scalable, distributed real-time micro-services primarily written in Go
- Working with large data sets and various databases including Aerospike, Elasticsearch, Redis, ScyllaDB, Redshift, TiDB, MariaDB
- Build software that utilize messaging queues such as Kafka, SQS, and Kinesis
- Write performance efficient and memory optimized code
We’ll be reaching out to candidates that have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer.
- Very strong problem solving skills in data structures, algorithms, and optimization
- Experience working with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- Experience building scalable micro-services and distributed systems
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We’ve been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We’ve been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work
Top 20 on Ad Age’s Best Places to Work 2023
Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2023 for the UK
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work
#1 DSP on G2 and leader in a number of categories including Cross-Channel Advertising.
G2 Top Software and Top Marketing and Advertising Product for 2023