Title: Software Engineer – Frontend (Remote)
Location: Remote, United States
Squarespace is looking for skilled Frontend Engineers with strong design sensibilities and a desire to create interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
The Frontend team at Squarespace is responsible for building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers are able to easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to push the envelope with what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you! This role will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up to date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2015+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
Who We’re Looking For
- Have solid knowledge of the DOM, HTML and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up to date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote stipend
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.