Social Media Strategist
Social Media Strategist
Location: Remote US Department: Marketing
Sprout Social develops and delivers social media engagement, advocacy and analytics solutions for more than 30,000 leading brands and agencies around the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. We’re relentless about solving hard problems, building elegant software and ensuring customer and team success.
Sprout is looking for a Social Media Strategist to join the team that builds our own social presence. We’re looking for an experienced marketer who can tackle social content creation, engagement and distribution alongside a team at the forefront of social strategy.
This is an ideal role for a nimble and thoughtful individual with social media management experience to strengthen their skill set in social content production, integrated storytelling, analytical insights, and overall social craftsmanship.
In this role, you’ll have the rare opportunity to influence the social strategy for a company that is leading the social marketing industry. We’re looking for a curious, detail-oriented, self-starter who has previous experience in content production, developing engaging social campaigns, and sharing rich insights using social data. You have demonstrated the ability to manage both reactive and proactive engagement, develop integrated social campaigns, and determine insights to optimize your work.
You also have an aptitude for corporate communications, collaboration and community building. In this role, innovation is key. We’re looking for a marketer who thinks outside the box, has a pulse on the social landscape and proactively identifies trends and opportunities to stay at the forefront of digital engagement. You must have a consistent evolving understanding of the social media landscape and be able to utilize social listening to bring forward new ideas and jump into relevant conversations.
If you’re interested in joining a growing team, helping the world see social differently and making an impact on how Sprout engages with the world, we’d love to talk with you.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working in social media
- Must be familiar with TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Spotify, WeChat, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Facebook Groups
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience with Sprout Social Platform is a huge plus
- Experience working with a public organization
- Experience navigating corporate social responsibility and DEI focused content
- Demonstrated ability be creative, flexible and fluid with changing project parameters, including: shifts in timing, messaging, and adjustments in scope and scale
Within 1 month you will…
- Attend 2 weeks of Sprout Social training to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Understand Sprout’s existing and expanding audiences
- Learn Sprout’s brand voice, tone and the ways we communicate with both prospects and customers
- Begin proactively and reactively engaging with our social audience and collaborating within and outside our team
- Start creating and distributing impactful content
Within 3 months you will
- Use the knowledge of our voice and tone to develop original engagement strategies (copywriting, imagery, etc.) that are aligned with our brand
- Drive efficiencies across engaging content creation, including live programming, comment section tactics, short form video and trendspotting that will drive impactful conversations and action (shares) from our social audience
- Utilize our reporting metrics and analytics tools to analyze social content and identify opportunities for our strategy.
- Surface listening and qualitative data surrounding your social content and engagement strategies that impact the broader organization
- Amplify original social content through advocacy tools on an ongoing basis
Within 6 months, you will
- Drive the growth of Sprout’s social media channels by engaging key personas across multiple audiences: customers, prospects, investors and potential employees.
- Participate in brainstorms and identify new opportunities to expand Sprouts reach and support our audience
- Collaborate and clearly communicate needs with our marketing and creative teams to develop engaging content that is optimized for customer experience and business goals
- Ensure our content is relevant to for our target audience by constantly iterating on creation, curation and engagement strategies based on data and providing ongoing insights for our team
- Identify key industry/competitive/customer insights through moderation/data and share how we can leverage them for marketing opportunities and beyond
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve and streamline our publishing, engagement and customer care process to create efficiencies and improve the impact of our strategy.
Within 12 months, you will
- Ideate and execute social campaigns and content formats that highlights Sprout as the market, thought and category leader it is. This means working closely with our Comms/Product teams to communicate sophisticated concepts in social-ready, easy to digest ways.
- Work cross-collaboratively to develop programs to support social first engagement throughout the customer journey (webinars, demos, events)
- Proactively share clear takeaways, feedback and concise social analysis to support decisions, answer questions and showcase impact of initiatives on overall goals, including goals outside of awareness such as revenue, customer and product marketing.
- Provide expertise related to social internally and externally, represent the social team autonomously and articulate how social can support the needs of the business.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipmentyour computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting