Social Media Strategist
Social Media Strategist
- United States – Remote OK
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
SelectQuote’s digital marketing team needs a Social Media Strategist. The Social Media Strategist will work in coordination with the Director of SEO & Content Strategy, as well as members of other departments, to establish and execute strategy around SelectQuote ratings, reviews, and social media. This position will be responsible for organic social media initiatives across all divisions of SelectQuote, one of the country’s preeminent national insurance brokerages.
The Social Media Strategist manages the execution of organic social media deliverables, channel monitoring, weekly reporting, and long-term social media and review/response strategy as it relates to the broader SelectQuote brand-building and business objectives. SelectQuote is looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a creative approach to storytelling in the social media space.
- Assist in the development and execution of data-driven social media strategy for SelectQuote (including platform consideration, content publishing, and response strategy)
- Develop and refine a rating and review strategy for SelectQuote
- Create, curate, and manage organic social content, including copywriting, design, and multimedia elements
- Coordinate, schedule, and monitor organic social media content
- Employ and leverage social listening strategies, including helping select appropriate tools and tech to aid in this effort
- Manage social engagement, including responses to organic posts, ads, and tagged mentions
- Manage SelectQuote reviews/ratings, including responding to reviews where applicable, answering questions, and routing customers to the appropriate departments when necessary
- Monitor and advise on social media trends and help determine where/how these apply to SelectQuote
- Plan for and lead organic social media campaigns, including tracking and reporting on the success/effectiveness of those campaigns
- Develop meaningful insights around social media performance and areas of opportunity for SelectQuote
- Routinely conduct competitive and market research
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team to ensure all marketing initiatives and messaging are consistent and aligned with company and division goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of content marketing and brand-building theory
- Strong understanding of foundational social media elements and platforms, their audiences, and how to leverage them to maximize branding and lead generation efforts
- Focus and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset
- Strong creative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Able to analyze data sets and derive actionable insights from several data sources
- Familiar with digital marketing, digital channels, and online marketing metrics
- Resourceful and autonomous learner with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Previous experience with copywriting, content marketing, and/or content strategy preferred
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and 2-3 years’ of social media marketing experience
- Experience developing, managing, and measuring social media campaigns for medium-to-large brands
- Working knowledge of analytics software, content management systems, and SEO tools
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.