Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator
The Real Deal is looking for an enterprising Social Media Coordinator to assist with our content production on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok.
The ideal candidate is keen to adapt TRD’s award-winning journalism for multiple social media formats, from video to editorial-focused graphic design. Additional responsibilities include developing project and/or sector-specific platforms; community maintenance and engagement;
The candidate also should have a strong news sense and an understanding of what type of content and how our audience consumes content on social media.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for certain editorial duties:
- Assist the Social Media Editor, who creates the daily flow of content, and Social Media Producer, who develops social-first video content
- External duties: curate shareable content from other outlets, develop our media contact list and help with external outreach initiatives
- Support in the development of the influencer program
- Community maintenance: flag / delete / report comments; daily tagging support across multiple platforms; sending on inquiries to the appropriate TRD staffer; engagement with comments and DMs
- Graphic design: includes daily content creation for the TRD Deals Instagram account, as well as unique content calendar (news, quizzes, polls) for Instagram Stories
- Researching and maintaining social media best practices
- TikTok: video production and editing; community engagement and growth
- Marketing: hands-on support at TRD events, and assistance in sharing in-house promotional efforts such as events, partnerships, and subscription promotions
- Experience working at a news outlet or media company is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in Photoshop and After Effects
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to juggle multiple projects
- Social media savvy, including knowledge of current social media trends
- Expertise in social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Later and Sprout Social
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of fonts, color theory and layout are a plus
- Southern California-based preferred *
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.