Senior SEO SpecialistRemote job
Upfeat is on a mission to be the leader in providing customers with the best deals when they are shopping online. By bringing together the right technical expertise and business acumen, we are in 5 global markets and we have teamed up with 20 partner sites. We are proud to have 40 million unique users, and we’re just getting started!
We have built an open, collaborative remote-first environment and we love to learn and experiment with new ideas and technologies. We are proud to appear for a second consecutive year in the Globe and Mail Report on Business of Canada’s Top Growing Companies. In addition to being ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 program, and recognized on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
As the Senior SEO Specialist, you will strategize and execute the majority of the SEO initiatives at the company. You will be part of a team of SEOs in both optimizing on site technical SEO factors, as well as assisting editorial teams in writing SEO optimized content. This is a senior role in the company, and you will be working together with most departments in the company to ensure that they are all aware and on board with the SEO strategies that you have defined.
- Identify areas of technical SEO improvement for a custom CMS and liaise with development to test / implement new strategies
- Create, test, and implement market leading content & technical SEO strategies
- Collaborate with a team of SEOs as well as researchers
- Monitor competitor strategy / behaviour for market changes
- Monitor Google algorithm changes & implement on site and content changes to adapt to the changing landscape
- Be a trusted SEO advocate by collaborating with other teams to lead important projects and ensure that scalable best practices for search are incorporated
- Define measurable goals and metrics and use various analytics tools to monitor them
- Identify new SEO growth opportunities with technical audits, data/traffic analysis and competitive research
- Create and oversee SEO dashboards and reports to assess the impact of projects and think through how to scale the achievements of successful strategies
- Minimum of 5 years Senior SEO experience
- Have managed the SEO strategy for a website with a minimum of 1m+ organic search traffic per month
- Deep understanding and proven experience with SEO, including tech SEO gap analysis, keyword research & strategies, and revenue-focused SEO content creation
- Expert hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs (or similar backlink tools), and crawling tools (Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl), Google Search Console
- Proven track record of improving website health, growing DA, and significantly driving the amount of non-branded website visits
- Experience with no-code tools, and understanding of the no-code space
- Strong sense of ownership, the inclination for action, urgency and drive
- You have project management skills and are ready to control multiple tasks
- Demonstrated management experience
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.