United States, USA, United States | Marketing | Full-time | Fully remote
Job title: SEO Specialist
Manager: Director, Marketing Services
We need someone who is passionate about SEO and Digital Marketing to help deliver amazing SEO results for our growing roster of clients. The ideal candidate will not only be proficient in the latest and greatest techniques and tools, but will also have the ability to think strategically about projects and play a role in putting together integrated campaigns blending organic search, PPC, display, and remarketing. You’ll be working on multiple client accounts across a variety of industries and verticals, but you’ll always have the same goal: to get the client the best possible results.
The right candidate will have a blend of technical experience and content skills. They should be able to multitask across diverse environments, communicate effectively with clients and internal team members, and be passionate about learning new technologies and processes. We’re looking for someone who can think strategically, but who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get some serious work done.
- Assisting with strategic development for SEO campaigns, starting from kick-off and extending through post-launch and analysis
- Defining and building tailored keyword lists based on clients’ objectives and market opportunity, using a mix of proprietary tools, analytics data, and PPC data
- Preparing and executing on-page optimization strategies to achieve organic visibility for our clients
- Reviewing and editing page content to comply with SEO guidelines and best practices, and to ensure proper messaging, use of value propositions, and call to action statements to drive conversions
- Reviewing website server logs, crawl reports, and analytics reports to come up with strategies to improve indexation
- Reviewing web analytics data to analyze visitor behavior and trends to come up with next steps, and to deliver insights to clients
- Working with our internal resources to prepare, plan, and execute link building and content marketing strategies
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients and proactively assessing opportunities to improve their site’s performance
- Coordinating regularly with our website development, SEM, analytics, design, and business development teams, as well as with senior management, to ensure that clients are getting positive results
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of direct SEO experience at an agency working with multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong face-to-face, telephone, and email communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Understanding of how to interpret data from platforms like Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools to drive SEO strategy
- Ability to think strategically to identify and define keyword opportunities for optimization
- Ability to write compelling, optimized content (page content, metadata, etc.)
- Knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings
- Demonstrated track record of delivering organic traffic related outcomes that move the needle in competitive markets
- Familiarity with various web platforms/content management systems, like WordPress, Craft CMS, Shopify, etc.
- Understanding of Schema markup
- Experience working with canonical tags, redirects, robots.txt files, and XML sitemaps
- Understanding of best practices for site architecture and URL structure
- Familiarity with website analytics platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO software such as Moz, BrightEdge, DeepCrawl, Conductor, SEMRush, SEOBook, ScreamingFrog, and others
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $80,000 per year, depending on experience.
What we offer:
- Healthy work/life balance.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, and project managers.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
About Happy Cog:
Happy Cog is a growing interactive agency of 80+ people, all working 100% remotely.
We design, develop, and market websites and mobile apps for a wide variety of clients — everyone from small startups, to Fortune 100s. Projects we’ve recently worked on have included online ordering platforms for restaurants, custom content management systems for law firms, an economic mobility research platform, and many more.
We are looking for great people to join our team, so whether you have a wide array of workplace experience, none at all, or if you feel like your past experiences don’t meet all our qualifications, we encourage you to still apply. Who knows, your experience might be just what we are looking for!
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, protected veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability.
We are also proud to have been on the Inc 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies for 7 years in a row! For more information go to our website: https://www.happycog.com.