Full-Time SEO Editor ($65k to $75k)
SEO Editor, Pop Culture
Publishing Operations Remote
Compensation $65,000 – $75,000
Ranker is looking for an expert in SEO to apply best practices to our editorial process. You will report to our Director of SEO but sit within our publishing team and provide valuable optimization, guidance, and feedback on integrating best SEO practice into our list creation process. You will be a passionate follower of pop-culture who understands fan and audience trends and how to serve that audience through our broad library of Ranker lists.
- Attend pitch meetings to learn and understand what our teams are already writing about, and what is working from an audience perspective – once you understand our editorial cadence and focus you may prefer to not attend meetings, as this is an output-focused role.
- Institute SEO best practice into article (list, since it’s Ranker) headlines and descriptions. Audit existing lists and make necessary changes and/or updates to improve search sessions.
- Keyword research, analysis, and organization (we have tools to help)
- Provide trending topical updates helpful for Google Discover so that our teams can specifically create content focused on the Discover audience
- Review, edit, and optimize content prior to or upon publishing to meet SEO best practices
- Support the overall SEO efforts of the editorial crews with continued training and updates as needed
Who will succeed in this role?
We want you to be a productive contributor to Ranker’s voice and brand. With that said, we believe you’ll successful if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in digital media
- 2 years+ of SEO or SEO/Editorial experience in a publishing, or journalism environment
- Familiarity with a range of SEO tools (eg SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Trends)
- Sound understanding of evergreen organic search as well as Google Discover, and ideally also Google News
- Broad knowledge of pop culture across many topics
- Demonstrated track record in story development, the hooks of writing compelling social and search driven content
- Excellent copywriting, editing and verbal communication skills
- Love working in fast-moving, high-growth companies in an industry that is rapidly changing
- Creative problem solver and effective communicator. Able to make actionable and informed decisions