Full-Time SEO Content Writer
Who You Are
Experienced writing about SaaS tools— The focus of this role involves researching, reviewing, and writing about SaaS tools that our audience is searching for to succeed in their roles and help their teams and organizations run more smoothly. You have proven experience capturing the essence of what software buyers look for and can convey that information in an authoritative, honest, accurate, and easily digestible way.
Content performance obsessed—You’re comfortable leveraging analytics tools to evaluate content performance, prioritize effectively and maximize your impact. Continuously iterating and upgrading content to make it fresher and better than the competition sounds like a fun challenge.
A master of the English language —You breathe life into dry topics, can effortlessly weave in the perfect metaphor to explain a complex concept, and obsess over syntax and grammar. You have an opinion on the oxford comma.
AI powered — You leverage AIs and LLMs to speed up your workflow, extending your capacity and empowering you to tackle the impossible. You keep up-to-date on the latest AI and LM trends and are comfortable using AI in your day-to-day. You have an opinion on the best prompting techniques to utilize with GPT 4.
Constantly in the pursuit of knowledge — You’re a pro at producing in-depth content on topics you are well-versed in and deeply knowledgeable about. And for subjects you are unfamiliar with, you are just as comfortable digging in and thoroughly researching. You are a stickler for details and know how to communicate a big-picture idea or topic clearly and thoroughly. You go far beyond scratching the surface on any topic, and aspire to cover it comprehensively. Strive to maintain high standards of quality and excellence — We care deeply about our audiences and want to publish best-in-class content that they will enjoy and come back to revisit. You will be responsible for writing software review content that hits the mark and requires minimal editing. You are comfortable taking traditionally dry subject matter and making it fun, interesting, and captivating. Production-oriented — You have never met an output goal you couldn’t meet. You are at your best when you’re working on multiple projects simultaneously, and do whatever it takes to meet your deadlines. You feel confident in your ability to prioritize your schedule to meet ambitious production objectives.
Does this sound like you?
Each Day Will Be a Little Different, but Your Responsibilities Remain Constant:
- Content Performance: Monitor published content, review its performance, prioritize upgrades based, and iterate on-page and supporting pages based on the opportunity
- Content Production: Create, edit and elevate AIP content to produce high-quality listicles, comparisons, in-depth reviews, and software listings
- Industry Research: Stay up to speed on the latest tools, apps, and software in the market; develop deep expertise in the field and a strong understanding of strengths/weaknesses of individual tools to infuse unique and helpful insights to your content.
How Your Success Will Be Measured
- Inventory Search Performance: How easily users find our most important content
- Upgrades Performed: Effectiveness of content upgrades to SaaS related content
- Value of Content: Value of the search traffic generated
- Please note: You’ll also be measured based on your professional growth. We don’t expect change overnight, but we do expect you won’t be the same writer you were six months after you started.
Your Skillset Includes
- SEO Content creation experience: 2+ years
- Experience writing about SaaS tools and B2B content: 1+ years
- Command over voice, tone, and narrative with the ability to adapt and grow
- The ability to breathe life and inject humor into traditionally dry and technical topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Solid understanding of content KPIs
- Grin-worthy English writing skills
- The ability to remain unflappable and driven to deliver success in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- A great attitude and convivial nature.
Nice To Haves
- Intermediate WordPress skills
- Experience creating content for project management, human resource, ecommerce, customer experience, product management, marketing, or revenue operations software.
This full-time position is available as either a remote or hybrid position (if you’re based near our head office in Vancouver), with an annual salary in the range of $60,000 to $75,000 CAD. The range is a guide for the expected skills, knowledge and experience for new hires based in Canada only. Seniority level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. This means ranges will vary for candidates based outside of Canada and/or at different seniority levels. In addition to annual salary, full time employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 50+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 12 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!