SEO Content Editor
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About The Team
The Content & Editorial team at Angi and HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced SEO Content Editor to join our team.
In this role, you will help to ensure quality and consistency across large volumes of content from our network of freelance writers. In addition to proofreading and editing, the Content Editor will provide feedback to external writers and internal Content Researchers to improve process and output, and work closely with SEO to ensure content is both optimized and engaging.
Content Editors will also be responsible for reviewing and implementing content changes as suggested by our Expert Review Board, a team of industry experts who review our content for accuracy. Our Content Editor ensures content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
What You’ll Do
- Edit content to uphold Angi’s brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust
- Continually improve articles based on new data, trends, competitor research, and traffic outcomes
- Analyze complex data (such as total project costs, material breakdowns, labor costs, and cost factors) and break it down for readers in a clear, digestible way
- Be an expert in SEO-driven content, ensuring it is well-optimized and engaging with a best-in-class user experience
- Help create and maintain internal documentation covering content standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Manage a team of freelance writers, giving comprehensive feedback and staying on top of deadlines
- Help create infographics, tables, and other visuals to aid in data-driven storytelling
- Occasionally write content based on special needs from relevant stakeholders (PR, social) or time-sensitive requests
Who You Are
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web and a passion for editing and creating content
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered
- 1–2+ years of editing experience for digital-first content
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Google Docs, or other editing tools preferred
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Contentful (or another headless CMS) a plus
- Expert editing skills: You have expert knowledge of the latest AP Style guidelines and best practices for writing online and a basic understanding of core SEO concepts
- A commitment to quality & accuracy: You’re comfortable performing research to ensure our information is accurate and as useful to readers as possible. You don’t like generalities, and you’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to find the right answer
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and are comfortable working at scale
- Excellent communicator: You are able to clearly communicate in various forms and have a passion for providing helpful feedback to writers
- High ownership: You like to work independently and with a sense of urgency while delivering high-quality results
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly
We Value Diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $50,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
How to Apply