Full-Time Senior Writer and Content Specalist
Senior Writer and Content Specalist (Remote)
Job Category: Product Development
Requisition Number: SENIO029073
Reston, VA 20190, USA
- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
As a Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist, you will be responsible for translating business requirements into a meaningful user experience through content deliverables. A Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist plays a crucial role on a UX team by focusing on the planning, creation, and management of content (i.e., a sustainable and scalable content practice) that enhances the overall user experience of Stride products. They work collaboratively with UX designers, researchers, and other team members to ensure that content is aligned with the user’s needs and business goals.
Excellent UX writing skills are essential. The ideal candidate for this role will be organized, meticulous, and thorough, have adept communication skills, be a collaborative team player, and possess a solid understanding of technology platforms and how to write and strategize for specific scenarios.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Create, improve, and maintain the UX content guidelines
- Understand the product development lifecycle and the impacts of content in an evolving digital environment
- Implement content strategy, review feature requirements, and apply content design principles
- Guide the UX Content team to create content for, but not limited to, websites and products, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
- Mentor content team, maintaining the content strategy and experience consistent throughout product lines, ensuring an efficient process for creating, publishing, and distributing content
- Analyze information from multiple resources, including consumer trends, competitors, user experience research, and social activity, to bring improvements and strategies to current content and processes
- Keep up with and educate the team about the new or changing web, app, and chatbot content trends
- Execute content strategy for Stride audience in support of larger organizational goals and objectives
- Provide content to product designs to facilitate iterative design
- Collaborate with Stride marketing to create a seamless experience for users between products and contexts
- Produce documentation that facilitates publishing or content implementations, such as copy decks, messaging frameworks, or content models
- Consider design and functionality behind content with a focus on how to serve the audience the right information at the right time
- Collaborate with the content strategy team to evolve Stride’s product content style guide
- Support Stride design system team by providing content guidelines for components and patterns as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of experience as a UX Writer, Content Designer, or Content Strategist on digital products and services OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of user experience best practices
- Demonstration of exceptional writing, editing, and research skills, as well as relentless attention to detail
- 1+ years creating design or content documentation (copy decks, content models, page tables, etc.)
- An online portfolio that reflects samples of writing and/or content strategy documentation or digital products
- Ability to clear required background check
- Strong creative skills with a sense of the visual aesthetic and a consistent track record in the craft of design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with consumer products
- Experience working in educational technology
- Experience writing for children (K-12 graders)
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $72,949.50 to $148,378.50. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
55 total views, 1 today