Full-Time Senior Writer
- Employees can work remotely
- Project: Gemini
- Department: Art
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we’re growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase Red; as well as two projects in VR technology Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR – an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
People Can Fly are looking for a Senior Writer to join the narrative team in creating an exciting, brand-new AAA experience. If you are a good collaborator, have a strong portfolio of character-driven work, and have a passion for storytelling and interactive narratives, we want to hear from you.
Under the direction of the Lead Writer, you’ll be working alongside accomplished and experienced writers, designers, artists, and audio experts to craft compelling dialogue and memorable characters, draft story treatments, and contribute in a meaningful way to the vision and composition of the game world.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Craft a compelling story with a focus on rich worldbuilding and memorable characters
- Create and maintain narrative documentation such as a narrative bible, character biographies and casting briefs
- Write action and dialogue heavy scripts for both in-game and cutscene scenarios
- Prepare scripts for recording and attend recording sessions to assist in directing voice talent if needed
- Give constructive feedback to other writers as needed
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive the narrative for a AAA quality game
- Work in close collaboration with other disciplines to develop the game narrative and support its implementation
- 6+ years of professional writing experience, video game writing strongly preferred
- A demonstrated track record of working as a quality writer in AAA games (experience with science fiction or shooters, and/or a familiarity with People Can Fly’s previous games, is a plus)
- A genuine passion for video games, especially the sci-fi, fantasy and action genre
- Exceptional story, worldbuilding and character development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural collaborator with both writing and external disciplines
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Good understanding of the latest software in games writing and narrative
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF’s employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform – Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile – cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.