Freelance Senior Writer
Senior Writer-Editor, Weekends
Contract / Freelance
PEOPLE is looking for a freelance senior writer-editor to join the website’s weekend team.
On Saturdays and Sundays, the person will work the 10am to 6pm ET shift.
This opportunity is remote, and the person will also contribute to PEOPLE on three weekdays.
- The ideal candidate should have 4-5 years of experience writing and editing digital news stories at a national level.
- A passion for breaking news is a must and experience covering the entertainment industry is preferred, but not required.
- The ideal candidate will be required to write across our vast spectrum of content, from entertainment and royals to crime and human interest, lifestyle and pets.
- That person will also be willing and able to pivot when necessary, helping the weekend’s senior and staff editors to assign and edit stories.
- Precision, accuracy, and impeccably clean copy are essential as well as fluency in SEO.
- This role will collaborate across teams and liaise with many verticals, so good people and time management skills are necessary.
52 total views, 1 today