Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 11 years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 185 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
Our all-in-one platform helps teams manage complex hiring and retention challenges. Hireology takes the manual and disconnected recruiting and hiring steps and gets everything into one platform.
Hireology is looking for a senior UX designer to join a passionate, collaborative, and supportive group of individuals dedicated to improving our users’ experience. We’re looking for a broad set of design skills, a high level of curiosity, and an eagerness to learn. You will be partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver design solutions that meet both customer and business needs, and you’ll report to an experienced UX manager who believes in strategic risks, thoughtful iteration, and enjoying your work while not letting it define you as a person.
As our Senior UX Designer you’ll be responsible for:
- Work in partnership with product managers and engineers to take projects from discovery to delivery by creating design solutions that meet both customer and business needs
- Create wireframes, flow diagrams, journey maps, sitemaps, and other UX deliverables to cross-functional project teams where you are the primary UX resource
- Utilize an existing pattern library, and collaborate with engineers, product managers, and UX team to get modifications and enhancements published
- Articulate strategic UX trade-offs to obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Participate in user interviews about customer pain points and their workflows in our app
- Conduct usability testing on your designs
- Participate in UX critiques to collaborate and consult with other UX team members about the challenges we’re trying to solve for our customers
- Manage your time and priorities by proactively negotiating with cross-functional teams and to balance workload and deadlines
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is – now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior UX Designer candidate.
- Several years of professional experience (preferably with a B2B or SaaS startup)
- A portfolio which shows your ability to create elegant solutions to complex, data-driven problems
- UX + UI skills that showcase partnerships with product and engineering to turn research + requirements into wireframes and comps at appropriate levels of fidelity
- A depth of UX skills in one or two areas, and a broad understanding of other UX disciplines that are not your expertise
- A diverse background that showcases an ability to work across industries
- Experience using analytics tools and ability to translate data into design decisions
- Familiarity with modern design tools (we use Figma)
- Multiple projects demonstrating an ability to align others in action across cross-functional team
- A baseline understanding of best practices in accessibility
A few benefits of working at Hireology:
- Unlimited paid time off / mental health days
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage from day one
- Work from anywhere!
- 401(k) with company match
- Hybrid office downtown Chicago
- Award-winning culture
- External learning budget
- Amazing growth opportunities.. and more!
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.