Full-Time Senior Staff Writer
Sr. Staff Writer – Task & Purpose
Miami, FL, USA Virtual Req #23
Recurrent Ventures Inc. is an innovative digital media company that is challenging the media landscape with its proprietary approach. Its best-in-class brands like Popular Science, Domino, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Donut, Dwell, Task & Purpose and more, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly visitors. Initially founded in 2018, the portfolio rapidly expanded and today we have more than 15 publishing brands across automotive, home, outdoors, science, technology, and military verticals. Recurrent Ventures is virtual first, with headquarters in Miami and offices in New York, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
The Senior Staff writer is responsible for creating and delivering high-quality editorial content for Task & Purpose. This position reports to the senior editor and is responsible for researching, writing, and editing news articles and features, as well as collaborating with other departments as needed to ensure that content meets the publication’s goals and objectives.
- Research, write, and edit daily news articles and long-form features for publication in a timely manner.
- Conduct interviews and research to gather information for articles and features.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as design and production, to ensure that content is produced on time and meets the publication’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all content is optimized for SEO and social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sources and contributors to ensure a steady flow of high-quality content.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices, and make recommendations for improvements to the publication’s editorial processes.
- Represent the publication in public settings, such as media events and conferences.
- Assist in the development and execution of editorial initiatives and projects.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in military/defense news reporting.
- Experience covering the U.S. military and U.S. military veterans is strongly preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with content management systems and digital publishing tools.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for journalism, storytelling, and engaging content.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, creative writing, english, communications, or a related field is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote – work from anywhere!
- Parental leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement: Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.
- Job Family Editorial
- Pay Type Salary
56 total views, 1 today