Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Community Support Product
Location: Beijing, China
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Community Support Platform Team
The Community Support Platform Beijing team is a full function team established in Beijing, China, responsible for business and services related to global community support.The CSP Beijing team aims to provide guests/hosts with unified and complete business support and solutions for appeals tracking, coordinating and resolving. Solving the problems encountered by customers in different scenarios with high quality and efficiency, and continuously improving customer experience.
What you will do
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code on the backend.
- Exceptional proficiency using Java or one object oriented programming language. Experience with React is a plus.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Working proficiency in English and Mandarin required.
- Collaborate with product managers and with front-end teams to roll out holistic, end-to-end features
- Architect, design and implement reliable, high-performance back-end services
- Develop unit and integration tests for these services
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
We need you have
- 5+ years of full-time, relevant product experience.
- Appetite for high quality code and robust systems.
- Hands-on experience with big data technology is a plus, e.g: Apache Airflow, Apache Flink, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Presto, or StarRocks.
- Experience in some combination of internal application development, data infrastructure, analytics engineering.