Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Front End (Remote Eligible)
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
The Automated Workflows team’s mission is to empower customers to automate work with actions to save time and accelerate the work of their teams. We started our journey with simple reminders, but now customers create and manage sophisticated workflows with conditions, multiple-steps, and powerful actions. Our team focuses on supporting each other, distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our automated workflows here: Automated workflows.
We are looking for a Senior UI Software Development Engineer to lead development of the next generation workflows experiences for customers and migrate our UI systems into a decoupled architecture allowing our team to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. In this role, you will be working with our product manager, UX designer, and principal/senior engineers within the team and across the company to build modern, frictionless, and enterprise-scale user experiences customers. You will also have opportunities to mentor other engineers.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Leader located in our Bellevue office.
- Develop reusable components used across our product and the organization
- Evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Consult with other teams across the organization on building UI components and frameworks
- Create and promote a UI Framework standard across the organization
- Work with Design and UX groups to establish UI standards
- Become an expert in our UI Architecture
- Mentor developers, especially in modern UI techniques
- 8+ years software development experience, preferably web application development
- Experience in designing and building scalable and highly available UI applications
- Proficiency with modern web component architectures (especially Typescript and React)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity – Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
How to Apply