Senior Software Engineer
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
- Reports to: Sr. Manager, Engineering
- Department: Engineering
- Location: Remote, US, Canada
- Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 30 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Software Engineer (Platform) to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Design solutions for large sized complexity problems in such a way that is simple and easy to understand by others inside and outside the department.
- Directly and indirectly mentor others on the team to ensure that the team and department are always moving forward.
- Create and implement new processes that add to the team and/or department’s success
- Consistently increase productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure and tooling, as well as testing best practices
- Consistently have the bigger’ picture understanding of business and company goals
- Actively participate / lead as-needed, in daily meetings, planning meetings, etc.
- Create and maintain unit and integration tests and software documentation
- Take ownership of own team process inefficiencies, implement cross team efforts in ensuring things are running smoothly
- Produce focused and fully articulated pull-requests ( explaining the why so others benefit from the teachings/understandings), as well as review others’ PRs in a thoughtful manner in your work stream or project area. You will also encourage and drive this type of culture within the team and department
- Own deliverables within the department, and have the understanding and know-how to support other deliverables that the team is responsible for
- Proactively seek feedback from team members regarding areas of improvement in your impacted work streams and/or projects, and own actions to improve these areas, as well as delegate accordingly
- Create and present areas of interest in our department and organization lunch and learns / team learning events, while also encouraging others to do so on the team
What You Need:
- Experience with Python
- MLOps background
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, or other Python frameworks
- Cloud infrastructure experience (i.e AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with containers, k8s & docker- Production level
- Ability to work in ambiguity and a fast paced environment
- Team attitude: I am not done, until WE are done
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Business acumen — understand the bigger picture
- Experience mentoring others technically
- Experience working cross functionally with adjacent teams (i.e. dev ops)
- Experience with a B2C SaaS product
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave – both parents
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy* and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.