Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
Location: Remote USA
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with business leaders, product managers, product designers and other engineers to architect, build, and deliver on roadmap commitments
- Decompose business, product and design requirements into well documented technical designs ready for execution
- Integrate various APIs into a foundational platform to launch our MVP
- Help champion our agile process, facilitating common rituals and driving continues improvements in velocity and other key metrics
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing complex product experiences
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing high-quality production-ready software that is well tested, maintainable, scalable, performant, and secure, using development best practices, design patterns, and proven frameworks
- Experience in system and API design, external API integrations, micro-service architecture, and a variety of software stacks/technologies including but not limited to Python, TypeScript Flow, Go, Rust
- Experience creating compelling frontend/mobile experiences using modern software stacks/technologies including but not limited to React, Preact, Lit, React Native, Flutter
- Experience translating complex real-world data into performant database representations using various SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience designing and building for cloud environments (Azure, AWS, or GCP) and cloud native architectures
- Experience building processes, tools, and systems that support organizational growth and efficiency
- Bonus: Experience working in monorepos using technologies including but not limited to Bazel, Pants, Buck
- Bonus: Experience constructing CI/CD pipelines
- Bonus: Experience with mobile development
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance – We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.