Full-Time Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Title: Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Location: Madrid HQ, ES
Join us to work on the future of work: your next adventure awaits!
You will be working in one of our product teams to design and implement real-world staffing solutions in a Service-Oriented Architecture platform. Our current most common stack is:
- JVM, Kotlin
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL as RDBS
- Kafka as message bus provider
- Redis with Sidekiq for async processing
- All our services are containerised with Docker, deployed in AWS
- 5+years with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems of more than 1M users in production using microservices / Service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with developing customer facing application (not internal tools/systems for company employees usages)
- Experience with end-to-end responsibility for executing features (solution design, development, QA, code review, production deployment, and monitoring)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, ) and agile software development practices such as automated testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with monitoring systems as each team supports their own product in production
- Strong RDBMs knowledge (query analysis, database transactions, )
- Open to learning new languages as some projects may require a varied stack
- A thirst for analysing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
- Fluency in English is a must. We want to bring talent to our team, no matter where it comes from
Nice to have
- Experience with event streaming, such as Kafka
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at Jobandtalent
- Some Java/Kotlin knowledge.
- You know your way through Linux servers
- Some No-SQL experience (Redis)
What we’re about
At Job&Talent, we’re revolutionising the employment market globally. Our mission is simple and clear. We’re empowering the people who do essential work – from delivery drivers and warehouse workers, to cooks and cleaners – to get work and get paid on their terms.
We match these people with companies we’ve verified through our powerful tech platform. Apps, AI, web-based tools, innovative matching solutions and more. We create seriously smart technology, made for humans, by humans.
And the numbers show we’re doing things right. 340,000 people got work with over 2,500 companies globally last year, with clients spanning industries from logistics to retail, hospitality and more. We generated 1.9 billion in revenue in 2022. And we’re grateful to our top tier investors at Atomico, Kinnevik and Softbank.
We’re headquartered in sunny Madrid, but we’re a remote-first company operating in 10 countries across Europe, the United States and Latin America.
But there’s a missing piece. You.
Join our community
If you’re looking for a company that values innovation, high standards and data, you’ve found it. We’re also good listeners, because everyone’s voice is heard at Job&Talent. These values help us make good decisions and keep momentum. That’s how we operate. Standard.
When it comes to our people, we’re all uniquely different. And it’s that difference that makes us stronger.
We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. Being real and empathic means we can build better products, services and workplaces for our workers and our clients. And dare we say it, we think that makes us all happier humans.
What’s in it for you
We’re building the world’s leading digital marketplace for essential work. You’ll hear 10x experience, AI, technology and human-centred design quite a lot. We strive for that across the entire company, from finance, to supply, to product.
Make an impact through extreme ownership of the work you do. You create something and you help drive it forward. At Job&Talent, you’ll make an impact across borders with cross-functional teams, wherever you are.
Be rewarded financially. It’s ingrained into our company philosophy. We offer our employees competitive salaries and benefits. Our Talent team can tell you a lot more about the perks in your region.
Grow professionally by doing, not just watching or talking. We’re completely hands-on and we’re bootstrappers, making the most of our resources. And don’t be surprised to find yourself on a call with one of our founders. They like the details as much as the big picture.
Proud to champion equality
At Job&Talent we value diversity and we’re an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of national origin, race, disability, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Come join us. We look forward to your application.