Full-Time Senior Ruby Developer
Title: Senior RoR Developer
Location: Remote Remote PL
Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. As a Certified B Corporation, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great – you can apply right away.
- Required skills:at least 3 years of experience and advanced knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails development; understanding of design and architectural patterns (microservices/DDD), understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP) and relational and non-relational databases; writing unit and integration tests.
- Nice to have: proficiency in other Ruby frameworks, being an open-source contributor; ability to discover functional and non-functional requirements of an app, based on various levels of inputs from clients, ability to transform customer ideas to business model and scope understandable by technical experts.
- B2B: +20 paid days off
What are the responsibilities of a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer?
- developing and implementing highest-quality application software within deadlines and in accordance with our guidelines for high-quality code,
- understanding the business side of the project and being able to lead in-depth technical discussions with partners and customers,
- recognizing upcoming trends and technologies which might be presented to the clients with the right business cases, references and context.
- participating in the documentation and execution of system testing,
- sharing knowledge with the community and/or contributing to open source projects,
- supporting/mentoring developers and other project members (e.g. PMs, QAs, PDs).
Apply if you:
- have at least 3 years’ experience and advanced knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails development,
- understand design and architectural patterns (microservices/DDD),
- have good understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP),
- have a deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases,
- can write unit and integration tests,
- are able to dissuade a client/team from making wrong decisions based on experience, providing guidance and expertise in your field,
- have practical knowledge of product development cycle,
- have a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+) and can easily communicate with our clients in English (Polish is not required),
- have knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies.
We’ll be happy to see that you:
- are proficient in other Ruby frameworks,
- are an open-source contributor,
- are able to discover functional and non-functional requirements of an app, based on various levels of inputs from client,
- can transform customer ideas to business model and scope understandable by technical experts,
- have excellent stakeholder management and client facing skills.
Perks & benefits
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth – a head/managers budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences,
- If you want to read more about it check our 7 reasons to work at Netguru.
Learn more about the additional support we offer for Ukrainian citizens or those who have decided to relocate to Poland due to military action in Ukraine (regardless of their nationality) – click here. We hope that this assistance will help you feel safe and welcomed in our country.|
Joining Netguru as RoR Developer means:
- dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review,
- constant development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal Webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.),
- growing yourself and people around you – you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back,
- we love to share knowledge and we do it regularly – every one month we get together to present and discuss topics related to (but not only!) Ruby,
- ambitious and verified projects- our clients come from all over the world and from different industries,
- enjoying flextime and flexplace: adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home,
- having a smooth start: your leader and mentor will support you along the way,
- you will have regular meetings with your leader. The shorter bi-weekly ones are all about current matters related to your projects/work in the company. Every quarter you will focus on your development and goals for the following 3 months,
- when there is a break between projects, we implement our internal projects that are carried out under RnD.
What will happen next?
- Well review your application and if it meets our requirements, you’ll be asked to solve the task or invited to an interview and pair programming with our Recruitment and RoR crew.
- With positive feedback from the previous meeting, we would like you to meet one of our Team Leaders.
Don’t hesitate and apply right away!
In case of questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org !
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process simply let the recruiter know! We’d be happy to help.
Not interested in long-term cooperation? Join the Netguru Talent Marketplace and have access to various project-based opportunities. Get a gig and collaborate with different companies and industries. Have a possibility to not only gain more experience but also develop a variety of skills you didn’t even know you had. Work the way you like, on your terms, with no strings attached.