Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer (6 Months Contract)
United States Remote
The Commerce team is the backbone of Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company.
We are seeking a passionate, results-oriented, engineer to solve our next generation challenges and define our technical strategy. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expects developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery.
- Develop and maintain smoke, performance, functional, and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed.
- Be part of a scrum team, working closely with the developers, SRE & product.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Dive into and take ownership of mission-critical puzzles to enable testing.
- Become the quality advocate inside the scrum team. Lead the Team to become better, plan better, and proactive help clients to achieve their goals.
- Work with the rest of the QA Community at Chegg, collaborate as a team player, and participate in brainstorming within the cross-products QA team.
- Support commerce operations by using internal and external tools for pricing and packaging changes in production systems.
- Build tools to enhance operational efficiency of the team.
- Help with launch readiness and post deployment validation.
- Collaborate with product, business, finance, and other teams within Chegg.
- You have a passion for testing platform services and APIs (REST and GraphQL) as a product.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Ability to analyze data using SQL and related tools.
- Extensive experience with test scripting in Python (Robot Framework).
- Experience using test management platforms such as TestRail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Proven Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices with Gitlab/Jenkins.
- Experience developing tools with low-code development platforms such as Retool.
- Performance testing using industry standard tools such as Soasta.
- Experience working in large scale e-commerce retailers.
- Experience with AWS platform or similar cloud services a plus
- Experience with Java
What is Chegg?
An always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students firstEverything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
How to Apply