Full-Time Senior QA Engineer
Title: Senior QA Engineer
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We’re not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a Senior QA Engineer who is passionate about quality to join our rapidly growing team. You will be doing functional testing as part of a SCRUM team. In addition, you will also contribute to some automation. You should want to be part of a dynamic team that takes pride in building great software and making customers happy. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement test strategies
- Develop deep expertise in MyVeeva product and Digital Trials Platform
- Build effective test cases that are used for manual and automation testing
- Participate in product and feature designs with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
- Work closely with the automation group to automate features for better regression coverage
- Diagnose, track, and manage quality issues to resolution
- Collaborate with the broader team to identify, understand, and resolve the root cause of defects and customer escalations
- Document test cases and outcomes within a test case management application
- Clearly document and explain defects found in the defect tracking system
- Configure and Maintain test environments
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including software testing and test automation
- Proficient in QA process and methodologies, tools, and different testing approaches
- Strong test planning and test case writing skills
- Extensive experience in testing Restful API & HTTP web services, JSON/XML, and web-based applications
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Understand data models, object/entity relationships, and relational databases
- Experience with data analytics and log analysis tools such as Kibana, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Working Knowledge with CI/CD and continuous testing approach using tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and VM platforms like AWS/Kubernetes and VirtualBox/Vagrant
- Knowledge of modern best practices for software development including IDE, source control, build processes, release management, and deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Selenium and Cucumber
- Familiar with object-oriented programming languages like Java
- Knowledge of the Life Sciences industry
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Work Anywhere (Office or Remote)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.