Senior Product Designer
Title: Senior Product Designer
Location: United States
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working.
Pinterest is looking for a seasoned and methodical Senior Product Designer with a passion for crafting intuitive, consistent and delightful experiences. You’ll work closely with the Home product team to evolve the core building blocks of the Pinterest experience, including the Home Feed, a daily source of inspiration for hundreds of millions of people.
You have a knack for visual details as much as holistic systems thinking. You’re a problem solver and your designs reflect your ability to be an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about our mission, raising the quality bar, and making the basics great.
What you’ll do:
- Designing strategic and tactical solutions to complex Pinner problems in close partnership with product management, engineering, and research
- Collaborate with and manage feedback from stakeholders across the company
- Partner with engineering throughout implementation and QA
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution throughout the team
- Grow the people on your team through coaching and mentorship
- Make selfless design decisions for the betterment of Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record envisioning, building, and iterating on digital products in close partnership with product management and engineering
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design skills (prototyping is a plus) and product thinking informed by qualitative and quantitative insights
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems they’re solving
- Attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, color, and other graphic design principles
- Ability to work within and extend a design system
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and ability bring cross-functional partners along in the journey
- High level of self-awareness with a growth mindset
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $155,300 to $258,700 in the US;
- This position is eligible for equity
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.