Full-Time Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel
We are looking for a creative and pragmatic problem solver to serve as our first legal counsel reporting to the CFO. You will work cross-functionally with multiple departments and with roles at all levels to provide general support on legal issues. We believe in continuous improvement and you will have the opportunity to build and implement changes to processes, documents, and more!
What you’ll be doing
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate contract terms for outbound customer contracts in an expeditious manner while also protecting the business’ interests
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate contract terms for inbound vendor contracts in an expeditious manner while also protecting the business’ interests.
- Review and negotiate various other legal documents, and provide strategic legal advice, in support of other company initiatives (e.g., partner program, product releases and integrations, marketing agreements, etc.).
- Provide creative, flexible and proactive advice on a broad range of compliance areas for multiple jurisdictions, such as consumer protection and privacy
- Ensure compliance with legal, contractual, and risk management policies in order to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value of contracts.
- Identify contractual risks and issues and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions.
- You’ll also work closely with the sales team to ensure transactions help achieve business goals within acceptable risk tolerances and follow corporate guidelines.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- A JD with 5-7 years of experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts (e.g., NDAs, subscription agreements, SOWs) and related agreements
- Must have a strong understanding of intellectual property and data privacy
- Experience preparing and negotiating software license agreements and other technology related agreements.
- SaaS licensing experience is preferred.
- Strong contracting and legal negotiation skills with experience working with customers and supporting sales teams (global experience a plus!).
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Possess a practical, collaborative approach to problem solving in the context of commercial sales, with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership, and remain adaptable in a changing, and sometimes ambiguous, business environment.
- In-house counsel experience strongly preferred.
What you’ll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy 🙂
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2000 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.6 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.