Full-Time Senior Interactive Designer
Senior Interactive Designer, Temporary
Product Development & Management
Remote, United States
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions, while creating engaging and intuitive experiences?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and mission-driven Senior Interactive Designer to design engaging learning experiences for our new i-Ready Instruction product. Working closely with the Senior Director of Design, Lead Designer, developers and product team, you’re a strong analytical and conceptual thinker responsible for creating user experiences for our new Middle School math product.
This role will be a crucial partner in creating interactive prototypes, storyboards, and wireframes that lead to intuitive, accessible, and responsive interactions. The right person will be deeply passionate about transforming pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging student-facing experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven company and team that are focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs.
- Influence the creation of educational resources that are used by 12 million students across the country.
- Create new and engaging experiences by collaborating with project teams, and developers to propose solutions that are user-focused, accessible, and maintain pedagogical goals.
- Use iterative and collaborative design techniques to prototype and test identified solutions via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes.
- Create high-fidelity comps, develop effective documentation, and collaborate closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences (experience designing for children a plus)
- A track record of creating innovative and accessible products that improve user experience
- A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong information design, typographic and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Highly proficient in prototyping with Figma
- A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience in K-8 curricula and/or children’s interactive media
- An understanding of accessibility standards, WCAG guidelines, Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- An understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages.
- Expert level Figma user
Billerica, MA, Brooklyn, NY or Remote
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay Range This role’s range is $75. – $100. hourly. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits Temporary and per-diem employees who average at least 30 hours of work per week within the Company’s look-back period are eligible to enroll in medical coverage after 90 days of employment. Temporary and per-diem employees working more than 20 hours per week are eligible for twelve paid holidays. All temporary and per-diem employees are eligible for accrued sick time.