Full-Time Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
Job Category: Marketing
Requisition Number: SRGRA003674
- Locations: Online / Remote
Senior Graphic Designer
American Public Education, Inc.
As the Senior Graphic Designer, you will add creativity and inspiration to the Creative Team across print and digital projects. Working closely with the Chief Creative Officer and Creative Director ¬you will create high-fidelity designs from concept to completion and have an eye for detail. Working within a growing, fast-paced environment, you are self-sufficient and hands-on and have prior experience leading projects. As the Senior Graphic Designer, you must be highly receptive to feedback and creative direction and demonstrate the ability to pivot quickly to meet the demands of the team. With a strong understanding of typography and print design, you are constantly looking for new ways to enhance design with every project.
- Create outstanding design solutions and bring those creative visions to life across integrated marketing channels including print, Web, email, mobile, social media, and video
- Apply conceptual strategy, lead brainstorming sessions and manage a project to completion
- Understand the creative development process and production including mechanicals, imaging, proofing, printing, animation, and digital development
- Work self-sufficiently among multiple projects without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new design elements into marketing tools, based on business objectives, user feedback, reporting analysis, industry trends, etc. to successfully implement a high-impact, customer-focused marketing strategy
- Work with outside design and photography/videography vendors when appropriate on projects
- Be a design creative advocate, staying on top of trends and market demands to offer the best creative solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications; particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and InDesign
- Thorough understanding of current trends in typography, color, and graphic design
- Ability and confidence to present ideas and concepts to a variety of internal clients and departments, communicate the graphic process, incorporate multiple ideas and develop consensus
- Ability to operate independently yet contribute in a collaborative environment, working with critiques and revising based on client feedback
- Creative problem solver, highly organized, and has exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agency-like work environment
- Experience with complex branding campaigns preferred
- Superior project management and communication skills, strong initiative, and the ability to work with all levels of staff
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design; OR equivalent combination of experience and training
- 6+ years graphic design experience in a creative department or agency working across all media channels – traditional, digital & social
- Experience managing creative projects from concept to completion
- Client and vendor contact experience required
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide education and training to our country’s heroes – military service members, veterans, nurses and motivated professionals that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc. is a mission-driven provider of higher education to working adults with a proud history of serving the military, public service and nursing communities through American Public University System (APUS) and Hondros College of Nursing (HCON).
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado Pay Law
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.