Full-Time Senior Graphic Designer ($65k to $75k)
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
REMOTE – REMOTE, USA, CA
$65,000 $75,000 Annually
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Exempt, At-Will
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Location: Remote, US-mainland
Animal Equality is an international organization that works with society, governments and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India. It has been considered one of the leading charities in recognition of its efficiency and effectiveness in helping animals.
Characteristics of the position:
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and the Vice President of Latin America, the Senior Designer is responsible for every visual element affecting the user experience of our donors, readers, supporters and volunteers. As a Senior Designer, there is no aspect of user interfaces, components and generally speaking design systems (analysis, conception, execution, implementation and constant improvement) that you haven’t worked on and can demonstrate expertise on and the pros and cons of alternative solutions. You work closely with other designers as well as project manager and developers (front-end and back-end) to achieve the desired results. You oversee the digital and print creative solutions to meet and exceed our marketing and programatic needs in time. You seek and give feedback on the work done and how we can learn and improve.
- Design websites, landing pages, components and user interfaces focused on their respective objectives, expected outcomes and target audiences.
- Improve Animal Equality’s brand image including, but not limited to, the existing design system, setting guidelines on its use and training teams on how to use them for maximum consistency across platforms and countries.
- Create original and creative works, including illustrations and infographics, e-marketing materials, campaign visuals while maintaining Animal Equality’s brand and design guidelines
- Analyze and drastically improve the user journeys and their experience while interacting with our sites and content and increasing their satisfaction in a measurable way.
- Learn and pro-actively propose ways to improve Animal Equality’s brand image and increase the impact of its campaigns through strong and strategic communication.
- Maintain brand consistency across all our marketing and communication projects.
- Collaborate with Design and Technology teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Stay current with industry developments and tools.
- Oversee the design area team and ensure quality of designs.
- Meet organizational objectives by promoting feedback culture in the design department.
- Oversee and assign team priorities aligned with organizational priorities.
- Review department processes to identify and propose improvements.
- Maintain the team with productivity and metrics.
- Proactively elaborate trainings and feedback sessions with the teams of Communications, Marketing and Video.
- Conduct departmental reporting as needed and requested.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Proven work experience as a senior designer.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Hands-on experience with image editing software such as Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficiency with design software.
- Strong aesthetic with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
- Attention to visual details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Proactivity, leadership, and initiative for innovation and people management.
- Comply with and promote the culture of the organization through Staff Traits.
- Excellent time management and productivity.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- High level of English.
Managers in Animal Equality
A manager at Animal Equality is someone who has decision-making responsibility. It may be the ability to decide on the allocation of a budget assigned to a project, analyze some strategy, and may (or may not) also manage people. A manager promotes, by example, the culture of the organization, compliance with protocols, and processes identifying improvements.
Managers at Animal Equality have an essential responsibility to provide the expected results using the resources available and the team assigned to them. They will actively promote the culture of empowerment and accountability of the organization and the staff traits.
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- (Culture mission: Maintain a culture of excellence, grit, and accountability where employees are empowered to do their best work.)
- Have a broad vision to identify the needs of the organization/team or project, as appropriate.
- Proactively suggest improvements for approval by higher levels of management (Executive Director, International Directors or President and Vice Presidents).
- Represent the organization to discuss or collaborate with other teams when assigned by the Executive or International Directors.
- On assignment, oversees the budget assigned to their team and projects
- Supervise team members, being directly responsible for performance evaluation and feedback.
- Collaborate with managers on the implementation of their department or country plans following the strategic plan.
- Comply with all protocols, programs, inventories, etcetera.
- Manage junior staff, as appropriate.
- Provide support and empowerment to the team.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and cultivates staff.
- Comply with all laws and regulations.
- Allocate resources when requested by the Executive or International Director.
- Create budgets for the projects related to their team.
- Ensure the implementation of the overall image and communication of the organization in their department.
- Represent the organization when necessary.
- Maintain appropriate communication with Executive Directors or International Department Directors and staff members to achieve objectives.
- Implement new programs when assigned.
- Create and oversee any projects required by the Directors.
- Ability to execute any assigned project.
- Train and learn new trends, programs, processes, etc., that benefit the organization and your professional skills and knowledge.
- Coordinate, manage, supervise, monitor, evaluate and improve the organization’s projects.
- Oversee projects from start to finish, including planning, managing the budget, determining and assigning key deliverables, allocating resources, setting timelines, and ensuring deadlines are met, as needed.
- Work with the Executive Vice President, Executive Directors, International Directors, and department managers to plan and coordinate international projects.
- Liaise with other departments as needed.
- Structure projects and create efficient processes as needed.
- Lead and manage project teams and resources, ensuring key milestones are met, ensuring project scope, budget, and schedule are met, and maintained every step of the way.
- Lead, manage and document regular project team meetings, encouraging and facilitating collaboration.
- Assess and communicate risk and impact on projects.
- Prepare and present formal reports to communicate project summaries to project stakeholders effectively.
All positions at the manager level in Animal Equality must demonstrate the following:
- Successful experience in developing, leading, and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program objectives for more than three years.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Successful experience in developing, leading, and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on designs and projects.
- Commitment to organizational goals and high ability to professionally advocate for Animal Equality’s positions.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range between $65,000 and $75,000. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, monthly work-from-home internet stipend, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
If you want to learn more about what working at Animal Equality is like, please visit: https://animalequality.org/jobs/our-work-culture/
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
When you apply for a job at Animal Equality, we collect personal data from you during the evaluation process, including your name, contact information, resume, and cover letter. We may retain this data for internal purposes for up to 1 year, including after the hiring process is complete, to consider you for future employment. Please let us know if you would prefer we delete your data in the event we select another candidate. We will not sell or share your information with any third party.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, reproductive health decisions or other non-merit factor.
57 total views, 1 today