Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer – USA Marketing
Remote – USA
Hiring Range: $83,770.00 – $104,710.00
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will serve as a key leader in the development of multi-faceted creative concepts in support of Compassion’s USA Marketing efforts. You will work alongside a team of designers, including multiple other senior designers, within our larger creative team. This creative team partners with our Supporter Experience, Digital Experience, and Project Management teams to drive creative strategy for new and existing campaigns. We’re looking for someone who will succeed in a large, internal agency-style environment, as well as someone who has experience collaborating with marketing managers to build innovative concepts up-front. A top-tier design portfolio is also a must, in addition to a compelling desire to play a part in Compassion’s mission to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Possess a complex technical knowledge related to creative discipline which will be focused around concepting, graphic design and illustration. These duties can include retouching, resizing, scaling, cropping sketching layouts, designing communication or marketing pieces, designing branding elements, updating previously designed files, production of files and retouching photography. This will be in partnership with copy writing, video and social media design teams.
- Utilize a wide breadth of cutting-edge communication arts, creative concepts and multi-faceted art across a variety of platforms to develop and design creative ideas and concepts for specified strategies, managing them from conception to completion.
- Execute creative solutions and large-scope project designs in response to communication strategies and goals expressed by clients.
- Output creative results into a form to be assessed by necessary parties. This includes uploading, archiving, creating print ready documents, video mastering and hosting, and other media delivery processes as needed.
- Design, develop and ensure the creation of design materials and projects to support a wide variety of requests from large scale and complex communications and marketing initiatives. Manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop a conceptual understanding within the parameters outlined in project creative briefs to design and develop effective and dynamic creative solutions to promote and expand Compassion’s mission. Maintain high level of quality, leading the adoption of best practices in professional standards.
- Develop and produce complex results-oriented, effective, brand-building creative solutions that support and strengthen Compassion’s communications and marketing strategy.
- Work creatively within the brand standards to maintain the integrity, distinction, and consistency of the Compassion brand by adhering to the organization’s brand standards and guidelines, while also broadening our horizons with innovative concepts.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of experience in graphic design
- Significant experience driving creative concepting and strategy in partnership with marketing campaign managers and other marketing leadership
- Proven ability to deliver concepts and designs on time in support of project deadlines
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.