Senior Game Artist
Senior Game Artist
REMOTE – INTERNATIONAL
GAMING AND PRODUCTION – THE MULTIPLAYER GROUP
PERMANENT EMPLOYEE (PE)
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Senior Game Artist (3D) to help MPG deliver expert art support to our clients. You will work with the art/animation/tech art team and alongside production, design, QA and engineering teams in helping to deliver the best multiplayer experiences in the world.
You are an experienced Senior Artist who has delivered significant contributions to many games. You are confident in owning deliveries – helping schedule work and report on progress. You are an expert in your field with an arsenal of direct experience to call upon. You could be considered a Generalist, being strong in 3D (hard and soft body modelling), creating and applying materials/shaders and perhaps world building, VFX and maybe more. You can operate independently on complex projects and demonstrate the full capabilities of your craft, understanding the technical as well as creative challenges. You’re happy to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
You fully understand that your art skills will only get you so far when it comes to creating solutions and that your other non-technical skills, such as effective communication, mentoring, and teamwork are starting to play a much larger role in your work.
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to play a big part within the art team – helping to define workflows for our teams as well as helping to set visual benchmark assets following the visual direction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Follow visual direction and technical briefs to create game assets, game worlds and assist others to do the same
- Integrate assets into game engines: checking for quality and issues before committing the project
- Work using relevant 3D tools, material creators/editors & game engines – plus game development software such as version control and production tools
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress, assist more junior artists in doing the same
- Create benchmark assets: following, improving or creating documentation as you go
- Assist development with documentation, reviews and quality assurance or art
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals
- Assist more junior team members in day-to-day work, being proactive in sharing your knowledge
- Advise across the studio in matters concerning 3D game art
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc
What we’ll need from you:
- Senior Artist level portfolio/showreel
- Solid art development experience: having worked on multiple titles on all stages of game development
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction and adapt style as needed
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges in 3D art for games
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present documentation concerning 3D art creation/integration
- Ability to advise team members on workflow
- Solid experience with development workspace and production tools like Jira and P4
- Ability to communicate with leads and producers and prioritise work, flag issues, identify risks
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- “Final touch” quality control on 3D game assets
What would help:
- Experience working with Art Outsource companies
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- Experience mentoring artists