Senior Fullstack Engineer
Sr. Fullstack Engineer – Digital Collaboration
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Chicago, IL or Austin, TX or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
In this role, you will work closely with product leadership, management, and other engineers to define, prioritize, deliver and maintain web application features in a scalable and secure manner. You will use your broad experience working with production web applications at scale to work across the entire stack designing, implementing and maintaining API endpoints, reusable frontend components, new microservices and integrations with other services, both internal and external.
A successful person in this role will be able to comfortably wear multiple hats. They will be evangelizing across teams as a technical lead, pairing with other developers as a mentor, and going heads-down to craft clean, quality code as an individual contributor. This person enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment, can tell good decisions from bad ones, and thrives on using technology to solve complex problems that add value to the team, our platform, and our customers.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Engineering Manager Remote Online Notary/Collaboration and is designated Flex or Remote.
- Design, develop, and maintain modern web and mobile web features and service integrations for our virtual collaboration platform
- Deliver secure, scalable and reusable enterprise quality code utilizing Agile practices and a Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline
- Work with product and customer success teams to provide technical insight and influence roadmap, estimation and prioritization discussions
- Mentor team members who are learning skills which you have mastered
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering field, or comparable industry experience within a software organization
- Experience working in an agile development environment, using git and GitHub within a continuous integration environment to ship code frequently
- 8+ years of professional experience developing enterprise level, consumer-facing web applications across the full development stack
- 5+ years of professional experience working with production TypeScript/React applications at scale
- 3+ years of professional experience implementing APIs: RESTful and/or GraphQL-based
- Experience with Ruby / Rails
- Experience with dockerized applications on Amazon Web Services
- Experience with mentoring less experienced developers and improving development processes
- Experience participating in hiring by leading technical interviews
- Excellent communication skills
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $148,800 – $184,800 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.