Full-Time Senior Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant, UAGC
The Senior Executive Assistant for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time employment position reporting to the Chief of Staff of UAGC. The Senior Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President and will be the point person supporting the work of the Chief of Staff in the Executive Office.
The job entails a high level support professional in a fast-paced institutional executive environment including, but not limited to, providing high level administrative support to the Senior Vice President and occasionally other members of the Executive Leadership Team including heavy complex calendaring; travel and expense management; handling external and internal requests; creating and preparing meeting materials including presentations, charts, and documentations; meeting and webinar support; recording minutes; record retention management; and coordinating VIP meetings, leadership retreats, and university events.
The Senior Executive Assistant will play a pivotal role in providing backing to the Chief of Staff including, but not limited to, managing the day-to-day operations of the physical office(s); working collaboratively with the Executive Administrative team on Executive Leadership Team initiatives and projects as directed by the Chief of Staff or Senior Vice President; and acting as the point of contact for the Executive Office.
The Senior Executive Assistant must hold the utmost integrity and confidentiality in this position and will require regular interaction with the Executive Leadership Team, University of Arizona partners and peers, internal and external partners and agencies, vendors, the administrative and facilities team, and other senior leaders.
Essential Job Duties:
Strategy & Vision
- Support the Executive Office to ensure alignment with the Senior Vice President’s goals and the university’s critical student goals as well as the mission, vision, and purpose.
- Support a wide variety of special projects and strategic initiatives as directed by the Chief of Staff.
Leadership & Decision-Making Responsibilities
- Act as the administrative point of contact for the Senior Vice President, manage a wide variety of complex and confidential requests.
- Support the Chief of Staff with administrative matters in relation to human resources, legal and regulatory, communications, IT, marketing, finance, academics, and operations.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff help ensure the physical and remote office(s) are functional for the day-to-day operations and overseeing the work of the facilities team including problem solving issues as they arise, vendor management and regular facility scheduled services, office project planning, office operational support, coordinate office requirements for space planning, security, onboarding new hires, and other cross-functional projects.
- Monitor spending and keep projects within budget as directed by the Chief of Staff.
- Manage, coordinate and work independently to handle the schedule of the Senior Vice President including heavy complex calendaring and preparing all the necessary items for the meeting (ex: room setup, catering, technology setup, documents, etc.)
- Arrange travel and reconcile monthly expenses for the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff.
- Draft, proofread and edit reports, documents, presentations, and correspondences on behalf of Senior Vice President.
- Provide back up support to the Chief of Staff with various administrative tasks for the Senior Vice President, administration and facilities operations management, and special projects.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff meet with Executive Assistant team regularly to ensure substantial support is provided to the Executive Leadership Team and the university including, but not limited to, being the SME in facilitating travel and expense procedures; developing SOPs for internal processes; and supporting the team through various VIP meetings with external agencies (WASC Accreditation, Department of Defense, Department of Education, Board of Trustees, etc.).
- Work cooperatively with a wide range of staff and faculty at various levels within the organization as well as with external business partners and regulatory agencies.
- Act as a key point-of-contact for the Executive Office including managing the inbox and calendar.
- Independently field questions and concerns from individuals within the university and outside companies/agencies/entities and if necessary, direct the questions or concerns to the appropriate individual at the university.
- Meet with the Facilities team regularly with the Chief of Staff to ensure upkeep of the facilities are well maintained and safe.
- Identify efficiencies to administrative or facilities services and suggest and implement improvements.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff help with managing and providing administrative support for special projects, events, as well as special assignments as they arise for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Perform job duties with a high level of integrity and confidentiality on a day-to-day basis regarding all matters of the company including matters involving executives and high-level partners inside and outside the company.
- Appropriately organize time, manage diverse projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Available to be on call for urgent matters, travel 1-2 times a quarter, and work extended hours and weekends when required.
- Represent the Executive Office with a high level of professionalism in-person and remotely.
Specialty Knowledge & Subject Area Expertise
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff plan and coordinate VIP meetings, retreats, and events initiated by the Senior Vice President or the Executive Leadership Team.
- Handle highly sensitive and/or critical information, files, records and reports with the utmost professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Critical thinking paired with strong skills in teamwork and use of judgment in determining priorities.
- Ensure all necessary materials from staff and other sources are completed and submitted completely and timely.
- Take minutes as required, prepare agendas and supporting documents, and complete tasks as assigned for various meetings, such as developing memos, communication, and correspondence; identifying meeting participants; collect, prepare, and distribute appropriate briefing materials; initiate subsequent follow-up meetings and communication for key stakeholders as directed.
- Undertake research projects and collect and analyze data as background for meetings and special initiatives.
- Assist in onboarding of new executives.
- Exercise discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Work independently and have the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects.
- Work as a team player in a responsive and helpful manner.
- Effectively resolve problems.
- Some database management and ability to produce reports and use advanced functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) years administrative support experience for a C-level Executive.
- Experience managing and coordinating the schedule, travel and project support for an executive or senior management level employee.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude to keep cool under pressure.
- Must use sound judgment and tact when dealing with leadership and public.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and deal with transitions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and oral skills.
- Exhibit emotional intelligence including a high level of self-awareness, awareness of others, and awareness of institutional culture.
- Effective critical thinking, independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and support on various levels.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be professional and discreet with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Possess integrity, trust, common sense, and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter, independent and meticulous with strong follow up skills.
- Pro-active, anticipate the needs of the office, takes initiative, prioritizes work and delivers results.
- Ability to be on call for urgent matters, travel every 1-2 times per quarter, and work after hours and on the weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in various time zones as needed.
- Maintain a professional setting in-person or remotely as pointed out in the remote work policy.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in a college setting is preferred.
- Previous professional, consistent interaction with members of the Board of Directors preferred.
- Working knowledge of Concur and Workday is a bonus.
- Proven ability in leading and supervising a team of administrative professionals.
- Office manager or facilities management experience.
- Project management skills is a bonus.
- Working onsite at the headquarters office in Phoenix, Arizona is preferred but not required.
RATE OF PAY: $33.66 – $40.87 per hour