Senior Expectful Editor
Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child’s arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for an experienced Senior Editor to oversee the content planning and editing for Expectful, a new media site. The Senior Editor at Expectful will write and edit expert-driven health and wellness content for trying-to-conceive, expecting and newly postpartum parents. The ideal candidate is a talented editor and writer with experience in SEO content, health content and high-volume content production (both long and short form).
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience writing and editing
- You’re an experienced and talented developmental and line editor
- You have experience producing both timely and evergreen (SEO) content and understand keyword research, optimization and best practices
- You have a proven track record of identifying and working with freelance writers and have an established network to pull from
- You’re an expert in the health, mental health and wellness content space
- You’re not afraid to experiment with content but can clearly articulate the what and why, and how it rolls up into goals
- You have solid project management skillsyou love a good spreadsheet or Asana board
- You understand how to read, analyze and report on content metrics
- You ensure content is high-quality, accurate and on brand
- You’re energized by starting a new content site and are eager to learn and adapt
- You have empathy and understanding for this audience and their life stage
How You Will Make An Impact
- Develop the brand voice and bring that to life through content
- Assign, write and edit content for Expectful.com
- Create and own a content calendar for both new and existing content
- Update and optimize existing content using SEO research tools
- Work with medical experts to verify content for accuracy
- Manage a team of freelance writers
- Collaborate with email and social teams for content distribution
- Monitor, analyze and report on content metrics, making adjustments as necessary to improve engagement and reach
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; and other business and organizational needs. Exact starting pay will be determined based on skills and experience as well as location. We hold two compensation reviews annually to review pay for performance and market and run an equity analysis to ensure our pay practices are fair and unbiased.
A reasonable estimate for the current range in each zone is:
- Zone 1 $109,000 – $157,000
- Zone 2 $99,000 – $143,000
- Zone 3 $92,000 – $134,000
These ranges may be modified in the future.
In addition to the base compensation listed above, we offer a number of other benefits as part of your total compensation at Babylist, such as:
- Company performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision, covered at 100% for employees. Unlimited fertility coverage with no infertility diagnosis required
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Retirement savings accounts (401k) with a 3.5% company match and immediate vesting
- Competitive employee stock options
- Up to 12 weeks of paid leave, optional additional unpaid leave, and a flexible return to work policy to welcome a new child through any of the ways to form a family, for all genders
- Paid time off including 15 vacation days, 9 wellness days, and 10 paid holidays
- An initial work from home stipend to optimize your workspace
- Mental wellness programs, including access to four sessions with licensed providers and unlimited access to Expectful and Headspace meditation apps
- Other perks include Babylist store discount, childcare stipend, referral bonuses, twice-yearly in-person events with the team and more
How to Apply