Full-Time Senior Designer
Senior Designer – Web
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Join our technically savvy front-end design team, where creativity meets optimization.
We’re seeking a designer who not only appreciates the aesthetics of typography, colors, and branding but also understands the importance of web standards, optimization, and how these designs breathe life into the browser..We’re not building a fintech company here.
We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs.
We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
- Lead the creation of essential web experiences and marketing pages that are designed to drive customer engagement and conversion.
- Create high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers.
- Balance business objectives, customer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to prototypes, to production.
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detail.
- Contribute to the definition and expansion of new and existing design systems.
- Utilize data to drive brand strategy; analyze and interpret data to create compelling concepts and presentations, sharing insights with executives to shape and propel our brand forward.
Skills You Should HODL
- A Portfolio that Speaks Volumes: Show us the best of your portfolio which highlights your commitment to design quality, standards, and optimization.
- Technical Design Insight: More than mastering Figma, you possess a keen understanding of how design integrates with code. Familiarity with HTML & CSS is essential, and experience with React + JSON is a welcome bonus but not required. While we don’t expect you to write production-ready code, your awareness of what’s technically feasible in web and email design, along with optimization for performance, is vital to our team’s success.
- Understanding of UI/UX for front-facing consumer websites: Proficient in creating user-centered designs that align with marketing goals, with a keen understanding of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) principles.
- Information Architecture Awareness: Demonstrated ability to structure and organize web content, creating intuitive navigation and positive user experiences.
- Adherence to Standards: A firm grasp of W3C standards, ensuring that designs comply with industry guidelines and best practices for accessibility, usability, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Collaborative Spirit and Open-Minded Approach: Thrive in our evolving design team, with an emphasis on continuous learning and egoless collaboration.
- History of Satisfied Collaborations: Demonstrate a track record of successful partnerships with colleagues who would eagerly work with you again.
Nice to Haves
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience designing marketing landing pages
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
42 total views, 1 today