Senior Designer (Remote)
Splash is a leading digital lending platform that helps borrowers easily shop and compare financial products from a Splash-powered network of lenders. By bringing credit unions and banks of all sizes into one shopping experience, and utilizing our proprietary automated underwriting platform, Splash aims to help people save thousands of dollars in interest payments.
Splash has raised over $60 million in venture capital, recently completing a $44 million Series B round from partners of DST Global, Citi Ventures, Detroit Venture Partners, CMFG Ventures and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures. Over the past 18 months, Splash has tripled in size to around 170 people and we’re looking for incredibly talented and passionate team members to join in our mission to make people more powerful than their debt.
About the role:
Splash Financial is seeking a Senior Designer for the Brand team. This is a hands-on role working with a team of Creative Writers, Designers, Brand Managers, and other marketing professionals to build the Splash brand.
You’ll work on projects across the entire company and provide some mentorship for Junior Designers. The ideal candidate will have expertise in brand design and implementation across various materials and channels.
This role will also be instrumental in implementing the roll-out of our visual identity across the company and with partners, advise on design process, and support the vision for our department. This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage design team and impact its growth. Plan on driving the conversation through innovative ideas, experimentation, and collaboration.
What you’ll do at Splash:
- Concept ideas and create visual assets for internal and external communications.
- Projects can vary by the day and include: ad mockups, marketing presentations, content creation to web layouts, social media, swag designs, and other graphic visuals.
- Work with stakeholders from different departments to build assets that support company growth.
- Provide design guidance and feedback to other departments and partners.
- Work with the marketing team to develop initiatives based on product and customer insights.
What you’ll bring to Splash:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience.
- Solid understanding of fundamental visual design principles including, but not limited to color theory, composition, and balance, scale and contrast, typography, hierarchy, and graphic layouts.
- Proven experience and ability to concept, produce (design, build, craft, layout), and oversee implementation of creative solutions for various marketing needs.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, InDesign) required; Figma, After Effects, Cinema4D, etc. a plus
- Clear communication, easy collaboration, and an ability to give and receive feedback.
- Desire to create and drive ideas forward on your own and with others.
- Solid understanding of fundamental visual design principles.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of design and production workflows.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, stay organized, self-motivate, and work efficiently under pressure.
- Comprehensive and affordable insurance benefits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401(k) with company match8 paid company holidays
- Home office stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Generous employee referral bonus