Full-Time Senior Copywriter
Policygenius is hiring a Senior Copywriter to join our Brand team in communicating our value to customers at every stage of the insurance-buying journey. Insurance is complicated — marketing it can be, too — but the Senior Copywriter will use their impeccable writing skills, relentless audience focus, and approachable sense of humor to cut through the noise, delivering efficient and highly readable copy for projects of all sizes. This role will report to the Director of Brand on our Marketing team.
In this role, you will…
- Be responsible for ensuring the consistency of messaging for one or more insurance product verticals at every stage of the user journey
- Simplify the complexities of insurance in clear, concise, on-brand copy
- Partner with our Acquisition team on copy needs for a variety of channels including email, paid search, paid social, podcasts/radio, and influencers
- Partner with cross-functional teams (including Product, Business Development, and People) on copy needs for internal and external projects: our product flow, conference materials, pitch decks, and more
- Partner with the other writers and designers on the Brand team to craft marketing campaigns that explore new approaches, test new techniques, and push the Policygenius brand to new heights
- Understand and adapt to legal guardrails necessary in insurance marketing
- Own updates to, and the internal promotion of, our source-of-truth Copy Style Guide
- Champion our brand guidelines by rigorously applying them to your work and encouraging their use by other teams
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience in a copywriting, copyediting, or similarly writing-heavy role (startup and/or insurance industry experience is a plus, but not required!)
- You’re a pro at translating complicated ideas into practical messaging tailored to the context and needs of your audience
- Your work doesn’t need an editor to be free of errors and ready to publish, but you never turn down a second pair of eyes
- You’re a clear communicator all the time — not just in your work
- You don’t need to be asked to take the lead, get answers, or find solutions
- You follow processes, meet deadlines, and come prepared
- You’re a selfless collaborator interested in teaming up with our group of creative, funny, and kind brand marketers to elevate the look and feel of Policygenius at every opportunity
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & HSA options
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers and a welcoming, inclusive culture
Policygenius is a one-stop insurance platform that makes it easy to compare and buy policies, get unbiased expert advice, and manage an insurance portfolio in one seamless digital experience. Alongside the intuitive enterprise technology solutions and data insights offered by parent company Zinnia (an Eldridge business), Policygenius is helping to create better end-to-end insurance experiences for shoppers, advisors, and insurers alike — and enabling more people to protect their financial futures along the way. Zinnia simplifies buying, selling, and administering insurance. Combining intuitive enterprise technology solutions and data insights with the streamlined, consumer-facing Policygenius marketplace, Zinnia is creating better end-to-end insurance experiences for shoppers, advisors, and insurers alike — and enabling more people to protect their financial futures along the way.
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we’re committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.