Full-Time Senior Copywriter
Portland, OR/US – Remote
SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Senior Copywriter to support initiatives across all our brands. You’ll be a part of a Brand Strategy team focused on creating engaging copy that builds awareness and contributes to our business growth. You’ll report to the Senior Director for Brand Strategy.
You will lead copywriting efforts for a variety of formats, including out-of-home marketing, digital ads, webpages, video scripts, radio/podcast ads, emails, and other essential marketing touch-points. You’ll not only tackle hands-on writing at all levels of the funnel but also across multiple brands, while also creating and pitching original concepts to senior team members.
What you’ll be working on
- Create copy for a variety of media and formats, including print, digital, and audio
- Work with brand design and video to create and pitch concepts to senior team members
- Be data-driven and use our platform to test your concepts, messaging, and more
- Write easy-to-understand and engaging messaging to communicate complex, technical, and product-related concepts
- Ensure that copy is tailored to an individual brand, persona, buying stage, channel, and format
- Write clear, concise, grammatically correct copy that is consistent with brand tone and voice and tailored to the target market
- Champion best practices and follow style guide standard
We’d love to hear from people with
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting preferred, with experience in adjacent areas such as content marketing, public relations, or journalism considered
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion and skill in creating inspired copy both for OOH placements, video scripts, paid media, and websites
- A focus on detail and an ability to simplify concepts and strategies
- Know best practices for user experience, growth marketing, and SEO
- Familiarity with or interest in working on enterprise brands with a bit of personality
- Clearly articulate timelines and dependencies, and ensure deadlines are met
The base pay provided for this position ranges from $103,870 / year – $175,605 / year depending on the geographic market and assuming a full-time schedule. Actual base pay is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education or training, skills, and experience.
Bonuses and commissions may also be offered as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Why SurveyMonkey? We’re glad you asked
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. We’re building an inclusive workplace where people of every background can excel no matter their time zone. At SurveyMonkey, we weave employee feedback into everything we do to create forward-looking benefits policies, employee programs, and an award-winning culture, including best workplace for parents, our annual holiday refresh, our annual week of service, and our C.H.O.I.C.E Fund. In addition, we’ve reimagined the way we work to allow employees to choose what works best for them — working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid model that combines the two through our Choice Model.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
57 total views, 1 today