Sr. Copywriter (Remote)
MARKETING – BRAND MARKETING
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our creative team. You’ll play a central role in our advertising and customer marketing across digital, OOH, email, collateral and yes maybe even some TV and radio. You’ll join us at an exciting time when we’re building our brand and defining our voice. You’ll be part of a team that aims to turn great ideas into marketing masterpieces.
What’s a Copywriter at ezCater?
A writer. A thinker. An idea person. A communicator.
Someone who can write with directness and craft. (And maybe even a bit of humor here and there).
We’re looking for someone who knows when to use a complete sentence.
And when to use a fragment.
Most of all, we’re looking for someone who will learn what makes our customers tick, and work to speak clearly and helpfully with them through every channel.
What You’ll Do:
- Know our personas on both sides of our marketplace. Know their wants and needs, their fears and frustrations, how to reach them, and what they need to hear.
- Be best friends with our brand, our products, and our messaging. Figure out what we want and need to say, when to say it, and how to say it.
- Write short- and long-form copy that is on-brand, concise, persuasive, and action-inspiring — ads that grab attention, landing pages that convert, and emails that people open and read.
- Experiment with messaging and prove which words work. Be fearless of failure. Celebrate the wins, learn from the flops, and never stop improving.
- Help clarify and evolve our brand voice.
- Elevate the quality of writing throughout ezCater.
- Learn from and teach a first-rate team of creative professionals.
What You’ll Have:
- 5-7 years of experience writing copy and conceptual work for B2C and B2B companies.
- Inventiveness, so what you write is engaging even while it’s plainspoken.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for language and the power of words to communicate the essence of a brand and build relationships with customers
- The ability to think multiple steps ahead, so what you write is compelling in the moment but also furthers the lifelong conversation we’re in with our audience.
- A “get it done — right” mentality, where your maniacal attention to detail is balanced with a history of delivering high-quality work on deadline
- An eagerness and willingness to accept and apply constructive feedback. We all love learning from each other here
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly, and succinctly orally and in writing – you can describe and defend a concept
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming and campaign development
- More than anything, a portfolio that shows your writing chops.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $80,000 – $100,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.