at Salesloft (View all jobs)
At Salesloft, our Sr. Copywriter is pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing marketing team and will work closely with marketing leadership, communications, product marketing and other teams to develop an overarching content strategy to build brand awareness, drive organic traffic and support the development of high quality content for our customers to drive success within their companies. You will identify the needs of our buyers, devise the strategy for creation and publishing of the content in all forms – videos, podcasts, blogs and short / long form content. Our content will stand out as authentic, immediately actionable and relatable, and reflective of the Salesloft culture.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Sr. Copywriter who will write content that brings our brand to life, drives customer and prospect engagement, and ultimately builds on our already strong reputation as a leader in the sales engagement market. At heart, our Sr. Copywriter will be able to understand exactly the right words, tone and feeling to make a meaningful connection with our audience.
You know how to write genuine copy that drives our SEO, organic and social engagement. You don’t mind editing other people’s stuff to make it great, and teaching them how to do better the next time. You come up with big ideas and can’t wait to try them out.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Executing compelling, creative, conversational, and converting copy for use in all marketing channels
- Independently produce high-quality copy from concept to execution within established brand voice
- Support our consumer and enterprise businesses by developing copy for email, landing pages, promotional call outs, paid media, presentations, videos, etc.
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Demand Generation and Product Marketing teams to align creative strategy to brand, promotions, product launches, and other efforts
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure it is accurate, consistent, grammatically correct, and that the message speaks to the target audience in a cohesive brand voice throughout multiple channels
- Analyze data of marketing materials to inform and influence your work
- Foster collaboration with cross-functional partners to solve complex challenges while maintaining a high level of quality
Our Salesloft’s Marketing team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming marketing pros who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Marketing team consists of results-oriented marketing professionals who are creative and a desire to win. The Communications professionals within our team share a few common traits: they are self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about evangelizing Salesloft. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- B2B experience required, SaaS experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and social best practices, with a solid understanding of which content and approaches work best in which channel and why.
- Exceptional storytelling, editing and writing skills.
- Skilled at developing content across a broad range of lengths (long-form + short-form) and formats (social media, blog posts, video).
- Strong communicator and strategic thinker with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible and compelling content.
- Performance-oriented and easily able to translate data into meaningful insights.
- 3 – 5+ years of copywriting for an in-house creative department or advertising agency with a focus on B2B/SaaS products/product offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Journalism or related field
- High standards for craft and a precision eye for editing, grammar, and proofreading
- Experience with message testing and principles of conversion-focused writing
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight timelines while maintaining prioritization
- Ability to adjust our brand tone based on medium and audience
- You’re strategically minded, with strong problem-solving skills and close attention to detail
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups.
- Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Meet with others on the marketing team and begin developing an understanding of how we collaborate
- Meet with key leaders across the business to understand their priorities and interdependencies with content
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop firm grasp on our user personas, use cases, tone and voice, and brand standards
- Have a clear success metrics indicator and understand how you will contribute to our Marketing strategies and success
- Understand and consistently execute on the voice and tone of the brand.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop a variety of compelling written materials: eBooks, blog posts, case studies, web pages, and product messaging
- Analyze the performance of copy across platforms and recommend data-driven actions and adjust as needed
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a top-performing member of the marketing team by effectively executing on a successful content strategy
- Have an opinion about ways to continue to innovate in the area of Communications… and beyond!
- Set an example for new marketers, and assist in training, onboarding, and motivating new Lofters
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT Salesloft:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Salesloft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.