Senior Blog Editor
Title: Senior Blog Editor, Organic Search Team
Location: US National
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product a platform for digital marketers.And we’re looking for a talented Senior Blog Editor who can maintain and even elevate the quality of our blog content so we become the ultimate resource for learning about SEO and digital marketing.
Tasks in the role
- Review content to ensure it is factually accurate, well-structured, engaging, and actionable
- Proofread and edit content produced by your teammates and external writers
- Apply Associated Press (AP) and in-house style to all content
- Serve as a gatekeeper of content quality, ensuring that nothing reaches the live blog without living up to our new, high standards
- Deliver detailed, actionable feedback to writers for every piece you edit
- Refine our definition of content quality and apply new quality and style directives as needed
- Stay up-to-date with trends and developments in SEO, web content, and digital marketing in general
- Report editing trends, challenges, and opportunities to the Managing Editor on a regular basis
Who we are looking for
- Strong substantive and line editing skills (4+ years of experience)
- Hands-on experience in SEO and content marketing
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and other digital marketing topics
- Proven experience delivering detailed and actionable feedback in order to improve writers’ work
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and sometimes shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A passion for and a strong understanding of the industry
- Native-level English
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- Editorial experience in one or more internet marketing topics: SEO, paid search, social media marketing, content marketing
- Experience using Semrush tools
- Experience using project management tools like Monday.com
A bit about the team
You’ll be part of our Organic Content team, which means you’ll work with people who care a LOT about publishing great work. We’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content. With the goal of making the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn SEO.
That makes this an opportunity to sharpen your skills. You’ll get plenty of feedback, and you’ll participate in group workshopping sessions (they’re fun, we promise). But if you aren’t interested in growing as an editor, this role probably won’t be a good fit for you. It also won’t be a good fit if you don’t already have excellent editing skills. At Semrush, you’ll be encouraged to slow down and focus on quality. But we are a business with goals to meet. Finding a balance between these two forces will be a key to success in this role.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format REMOTE: This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh call it what you like 😉
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time).
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.