Senior Android Engineer
Senior Android Engineer
US – Remote
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences on earth. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized video messages and live calls, merchandise from their favorite stars and creators, and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans – as well as their fellow colleagues – each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet – Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable – When was the last time you said, “wow, that sh!t was cool!”
- Run Through Walls – How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity – Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
Humble brag – we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
As the world continues to shift and shape, so do we. Our Where We Work program offers a combination of hub office locations, work from home, and fully remote roles to ensure we’re building a diverse and inclusive team.
Cameo’s Where We Work expectations differ by team. Our sales function is expected to meet in a hub office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Other teams like marketing, engineering, and product can work from anywhere on a regular basis. Hub office locations are open to all employees, no matter where in the world they live.
The goods – competitive salaries, equity, health insurance, 401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days (aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will have you LOL-ing – just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will transform Cameo’s React Native Android application for fans and talent users alike. The majority of the Cameo application is written in TypeScript today, and we are pushing to convert key features to Java/Kotlin in order to achieve better performance and user experience. You will use your vast experience in Java, and/or Kotlin push the limits of our React Native application to meet and surpass native application industry standards for performance. In this role you will lead the way with native implementation at Cameo and transform Cameo’s mobile app into a world class app which is featured in the Google Play Store in 2022.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will join our Native Mobile engineering team, and build out performant native features in Java or Kotlin
- Own and maintain our Android codebase and documentation
- Work closely with iOS teammates to jointly implement features on both platforms
- Communicate best practices to non-native engineers and assist them in resolving issues on Android
- Work to level-up observability of our mobile app.
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are comfortable disagreeing with others and advocating for a better solution
- You aren’t afraid to expand beyond native Android and contribute to other parts of our tech stack
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working in Java or Kotlin
- CI/CD in the Android ecosystem is a plus
- React Native or TypeScript experience is a plus
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.