Senior 3D Artist
Senior 3D Artist
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
You will be working closely with the engineering team on Highrise 4.0. You will have the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, working with our dedicated art and engineering team as you determine the visual direction of Highrise 4.0 (aka Highrise World).
The mission for this role is to create 3D assets and environments, and provide expert knowledge to increase the quality (and engagement!) of our virtual world experiences.
Key Indicators of Success
- The Highrise 4.0 team understands the direction of visual aesthetic and design.
- You are able to think strategically and roll up your sleeves to execute on tactical work seamlessly.
- Streamline and optimize the pipeline from 3D model creation to putting the asset(s) into HR World.
What You Will Do
- Converting 2D object and environment concepts into 3D game assets.
- Delivering low-poly 3D models for mobile platforms.
- Engaging in technical and aesthetic problem-solving efforts.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- 30 days: Rapidly understand our design approach to Highrise and begin converting our 2D art into 3D models.
- 60 days: Present what you think the 3D vision should be with the engineering, art, and leadership team.
- 90 days: Start working on 3D direction and tell us (engineering and art) what to do!
Who You Are
- You are creative and have an artistic vision.
- You have a passion for games where you can connect and have made friends through them.
- You are self-driven and require little direction to do your best work.
- You have strong analytical skills and know how to ask the right questions to make an informed decision.
- You love working with a team and take a student mentality in your work (and personal!) life.
- You know how to prioritize your workload and communicate effectively — downward, upward, and laterally with your team.
- Experience with the following software: 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
- Experience with UV mapping
- Experience creating low-poly models and working within budget requirements
- Experience working in the gaming industry
- The ability to work in a fast and rapidly changing environment
Nice to Have’s
- Experience using Unity, including the creation of simple animations and particle effects
- Experience rigging and animating
- Experience providing art direction for a new 3D mobile game
- Experience bridging product, engineering, and art teams
- Experience programming
- Experience converting a 2D game into a 3D game
- Work from wherever you want, whenever you want. You decide your location and schedule.
- Equipment allowance so you can choose whatever you need to work comfortably.
- Company-sponsored medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. We know how important taking time off is and we encourage it. Our team takes about 20 days off on average every year.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We’ve set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
- Monthly Fitness Allowance to stay active and take care of your physical health.
- Working with a diverse team with people in over 15 countries.
- You have a voice! We love hearing ideas and want to embrace you for them.
- Extremely low turnover environment. Over 20% of our team has been here for over 3 years!
- Coworking space stipend in whichever location you want.
- Monthly team building budget to get to know your team.
- Team retreats to meet face-to-face and deepen connection.
- Bring your pet to work everyday! We love seeing your furry loved ones.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives — as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is $65,000 – $100,000 in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
- Dream big, then make it real.
- Be an owner, make a difference.
- Build with humility.
- Fast is better than slow.
- Keep it scrappy.
- Always be learning.