Full-Time Section Editor
Yahoo Finance is seeking an editor to help us organize and manage the discovery and presentation of news, research, data and tools that can help our users learn more about particular industry sectors and financial asset classes.
- Help build and curate various pages on finance.yahoo.com
- Exercise strong financial news judgment across a variety of topics
- Collaborate with other editors, Product, and SEO to optimize various presentations of content across pages and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Continually learn about new financial topics to better serve Yahoo Finance users
- Specifically, bring and/or build subject-matter expertise in one or more sectors of S&P 500
- Help identify additional publishing partners that will help serve Yahoo Finance users
- Brainstorm with colleagues about new ways to help further Yahoo Finance’s mission to help people build wealth
- Share best practices and learning across teams
- Work with content, stock ticker pages, screeners, charts, and other tools to help optimize user experience
- Help track and analyze data for all of the above
- Support editorial operations as needed
- At least 3 years experience working in an editorial function at a media organization
- Enthusiasm for financial news, learning about new topics, and distribution of content
- Track record of success and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Strong framing and headline-writing skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Strong news judgment for making real-time decisions
- Prior extended experience covering a major industrial sector a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of editorial best practices and style guides
- B.A. preferred or equivalent job experience
- Editorial SEO knowledge is a plus
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $72,750.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.