In short: Full-time position based in NYC or remote. You’ll be part of the writing team where you’ll write scripts, short-form content, and in-app copy. You have experience in creative copywriting or script writing — and it’s great if you have an interest or passion for psychology or neuroscience. We’re a mission-driven team rethinking mental health and making therapy more accessible and affordable.
We are Bloom
Bloom is the world’s first self-therapy platform. We empower everyone to be their own therapist through video-guided interactive therapy sessions based on cognitive-behavioral therapy and personalization.
We’re on a mission to help 1 billion people improve their mental health. We’re a team of engineers, designers, writers, and therapists that want to make a change and make therapy accessible and affordable to everyone. We love our users and embrace a culture, where people feel safe, respected, valued, included, and appreciated.
We’re loved by over 2 million users around the globe. From the US to India, from Germany to New Zealand. We have over 15k five-star reviews and get love letters every day from users about how Bloom has changed their lives. And we just got started. We have so much more on our product roadmap to pioneer digital self-therapy and delight our users with magical experiences.
We’re backed by some of the best founders & investors. We raised our Seed Round with Target Global, Sequoia Scout, AngelPad and are backed by the founders of leading companies like Github, HelloFresh, Blinkist, Codecademy, Freeletics, Dubsmash, Peak, and many more.
You’ll play a key role within the writing team — working to continually improve our content in terms of creativity and how it resonates with our users.
As the third member of the writing team, you’ll work closely with the Head of Writing and other team members to help take Bloom to the next level.
The role involves creative thinking, writing, editing, collaborating, and delivering high-quality content at a consistent level — it’s important to be able to work to deadlines as we film weekly.
You’ll write scripts based on briefs created by our therapist.
Over the next few years, the writing team will continue to expand.
→We love people with a growth mindset, that like to create magic and have a user-centric approach. So even if not all of this applies to you, we still would love to hear from you 🦄
You’ve written tv or film scripts or editorial pieces. You have several years of professional writing experience — and your writing has a real impact. You care about good storytelling and pride yourself on writing in a way that connects with people.
You easily adapt to writing in different tones of voice.
You’re creative and collaborative. You welcome feedback and are always looking for ways to improve your work. You like to take initiative and bring new ideas to the table.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You know how to deliver quality content to tight deadlines.
You care about mental health. You are careful about the language you use. Ideally, you’ve been to therapy before and understand the impact we want to make — perhaps you’ve even studied psychology or neuroscience or have a strong interest in those topics.
You’ve got a keen eye for details. Not a single typo will ever pass you by!
You’re a native English speaker.
- $65-90k USD
- Stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Bloom.
- Full-time contract.
- We have an office in NYC & Berlin, but our development team is spread over the US & Europe, and South Africa.
- We’re a remote-first company and embrace a hybrid setup. You’re welcome to join us in the office or work from home. Whatever works best for you.
As a mental health company, we value inclusivity. We support all genders, races, and backgrounds. We talk openly about our mental health and aim to create a culture where everyone feels safe, respected, valued, included, and appreciated.
We look for people who want to make an impact. Who are driven by a mission. Who want to help 1 billion improve their mental health. And who are genuinely loving people who care.
We constantly challenge our thinking and our assumptions and create the culture we want to work in. We are driven by openness, support, and respect.
We practice DEI training on a regular basis and have monthly culture and engagement sessions to make Bloom a safe & inclusive place to work.
- 25 paid vacation days per year (PTO)
- Unlimited Mental Health days. As a mental health company, we care about the mental health of our team. Whenever you feel off – take off – no questions asked.
- Flexible working hours: We like workshops and try to be as productive as possible. Everyone works differently – so whatever works best for you works for us.
- Company Health benefits: We offer health insurance and also cover Health Insurance for remote workers.
- Learning Budget: We’re all about growth & education and want to make sure you can do that too in your role.
- Get your ideal work setup: We believe a lot in creating the right environment makes everyone more productive. We are flexible and cover whatever equipment you need to do the best work of your life.
- We like to take care of our team: Regular team lunches and office snacks.
- Easy remote work policy: We believe in co-located teams. We have an international team. So if you want to work from home for some time, we are easy. No need to take a vacation.
- Make an impact: We like ownership and self-starters. You run your show. Bring up new ideas. Let’s discuss them. And let’s aim for building the best product for our users.
- Bright and beautiful offices: Our current US office is located in DUMBO, with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge and a beautiful rooftop next to it. Our Berlin office is in Kreuzberg at Betahaus – with a cantine & a rooftop.
- Uniqueworking culture.
We’re looking for someone to join us as soon as possible. But finding the right candidate can take time and so we’ll do everything to also accommodate your needs.
We Have a 5-Step Process
1. Get to know each other: We use this to tell you all about Bloom and share more about our vision for the role. We also would love to hear your story and see if our expectations and ideas of the future align.
2. Talk all things writing: You will speak with our Head of Writing about the writing side and we’ll go more into some of your writing.
3. Writing Assignment: We’ll send you a little task and would like to see how you’d approach it — we’ll discuss it together with you in the team interview.
4**. Culture Interview:** You’ll have a call with other engineers and team members. We value team fit and cultural values over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see if you’d enjoy working with us.
5. Final Interview: You’ll have a final call with the founders to discuss the position, the future, and anything else.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you’ve passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
How To Apply
We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photographs in your application.
We are excited to hear from you! Thank you for being amazing 🥳