Ruby Software Engineer
Ruby Software Engineer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
GROUNDFLOOR is looking for Ruby Software Engineers to join our team of insanely smart and just gosh-darn-like-able engineers. The ideal person for this role enjoys automating business processes, architecting interactions with third-party services, writing tests to ensure the reliability and robustness of our web applications. The position will primarily be focused on performing backend work, with DevOps mixed in from time to time.
If you’re passionate about technical innovation, building great software that makes an impact on people’s lives don’t overlook this career opportunity. As a Mid-level or Senior Software Engineer, you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences, and integrations.
GROUNDFLOOR is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth, wealth-tech company based out of Atlanta. We value vulnerable high-quality/low-ego collaboration. If that sounds good to you, join us!
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Contribute to all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle
- Designing and documenting new features, building APIs or microservices
- Produce high-quality code, and deliver scalable applications
- Supporting/mentoring your teammates
- Automate testing, DevOps, CI & CD to minimize repetitive work
- Develop new features and make modifications to existing features
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are a strong problem solver with a first professional experience (>3year) with Ruby, ideally on Rails.
- You consider performance/security considerations of your code
- You sweat the details, focus on quality results instead of effort, and see problems as opportunities to learn and level up as a team
- You are a great communicator, play nice with others, and have a good balance of talent, humor, and initiative
- You are passionate about building great software that makes an impact on people’s lives
YOUR EXPERIENCE + A FEW NICE TO HAVES:
- Demonstrated ability to work with a back end language solving real business problems
- You have a technical background and a BS or MS in a computer-related or hard science field
- Familiarity with Postgres, through active record, sequel or sql
- 3+ years experience performing back end programming
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, potential equity for strong candidates, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
GROUNDFLOOR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since its launch in 2013, participants in GROUNDFLOOR’s real estate loans have earned annualized returns averaging 10 to 12 percent in a 6 to 12-month timeframe. No prior real estate knowledge is needed, and the $10 minimum is intentionally a low barrier to entry to give everyone the ability to build wealth in real estate. To date, GROUNDFLOOR remains the only platform offering direct participation in individual real estate investments to all on a broad scale, regardless of income or net worth.